Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

I guess it’s not always the case…

Agree…:thinking:

H.P.

2 Likes

that’s why I wrote that it is near impossible to tell without seeing the interior,
presence/absence of the red cross may not always be a sure sign.

The ‘pill’ is still basically a ‘loaf’ :grin:

2 Likes

This is such a random vehicle and absolutely mental I will probably get one.
s-l500

4 Likes

H.P.

3 Likes

It did have a tiny little red cross :grin:
:+1:

1 Like

Still has the US star on the turret… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s a nice kit

Honestly the UAZ-452 it’s so ugly that only his mother can love him and certainly not at the front but in the rear he does his dirty job, he will not have AndroidAuto, heated seats and AC but it is like a Combi or a Vespa, it has no electronics and is extremely simple, if it breaks you put it back on the road with a hammer, 2 pliers and a little imagination … and given the Russian logistics problems perhaps, better than something new that if it leaves you on the side of the road and you wait for the spare parts maybe it’s better start learning the Ukrainian language now and quickly than wait for help

2 Likes

A bit like everything used to be, and could be kept running forever. Now I barely know what’s under my bonnet.

4 Likes

I know exactly what is under the bonnet of my car: A lot of things that I should keep my fingers away from …
:grin:

5 Likes

Welcome to Australia:

7 Likes

What an extremely good reason to avoid opening the bonnet.
Soo happy I don’t live there …

1 Like

Combat engineers at work

7 Likes

4 Likes

Is that photoshopped? :hushed:

1 Like

Until they stay under the bonnet it’s ok, it’s when they find the way to make peekaboo :face_with_peeking_eye: from the AC vent and you are driving :flushed:…we had that experience with a big huntsmen spider :spider:…i was thinking me wife was going to jump out of the car window before I could stop :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah nah mate …very true :+1:

A colleague at a previous job told me about crunching up some dried leaves in a flower pot in his living room window. When he had crushed the leaves and opened his hand to dump the crumbs in the trash can he saw that they were stuck together by a gooey mess. When he looked closer he saw that the mess was a redback spider …

3 Likes

I’ll bet there’s literally tons of UXO on both sides….

2 Likes

No Dan, all true. It is common for the Carpet Snakes and Pythons to seek warm places to sleep - nice warm engine bays with insulated bonnet linings are a snake’s dream home.

As Vicious says, the vents are also a nice place for the Huntsman and Bird eating spiders too

• and the occasional bag of discarded prawn heads, if your mates want to prank you.
2 Likes