Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

The Yeti lives and it carries a bloody big gun!

1 Like

Typhoon VDV

1 Like

one to model later,

5 Likes

2 Likes

WW1-style trenches near Bakhmut…

H.P.

3 Likes

“Ми всі тут збожеволіли!” (“We’re All Mad Here”).

"Cheshire Cat - “Alice In Wonderland”

1 Like

T-90MS?

I think a M.

Is that ball and chain armor on the turret? Israeli Merkavas are the only ones I thought used that. I could be in error though. :innocent:

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I think I’ve seen BTR-80s using the ball/chain armor on the underside, but the pictures, as @HeavyArty told me, were taken in 2014 during the War in the Donbas.

2 Likes

Chain armor on the turret

Another (better) view…Thanks Karl :wink:

Makeshift “chain” armor on the front hull of the second tank

H.P.

4 Likes

That’s being too generous.

H.P.

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

I have been thinking about this vehicle for a bit.

I think the guns are dual PKT’s, is that correct? Does anyone have measurements for the gun, ie overall length, receiver length, barrel length? Any guesses on ammo can sizes?

I am going to try to build this in 1/43, with this netting over the guns.

I think I have most of pieces needed but the guns and some ammo cans will have to scratched along with the tail gate step.

I think the pink/purplish tool painted greens and greys will work close enough for this scale to hide what will be a very rough looking dual PKT.

3 Likes

Some specs here :

https://weaponsystems.net/system/609-PKT

H.P.

2 Likes

The T-90M has that ball and chain screen around the turret (not sure if it goes right round the back or just 3/4 way round) which is standard on that model now. The T-80BVM that has the chains looks more like a field modification.

Just found more views of the UAZ- mounted twin PKT

The pictured ammo boxes appear to be standard PKT ones

Dimensions = 35cm x 20cm x 8.5cm

H.P.

3 Likes

Thanks HP. Love the extra photos. I might have to unsee the screen floor as I don’t think I have anything to replicate that.

For the gun I have used a online calculator for the following results, does this appear reasonable.
Length 1.098m = 1.01 inches/25.53 mm
Barrel 722mm = 0.66 inches/16.79 mm

Ryan, I have been thinking about you thinking about that vehicle.:popcorn: … Get out the SawsAll! :laughing:
Also… If the bread-loaf is opened-up like that, is it now a “bread-bowl?” :bread: :thinking:

—mike

3 Likes