Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

in that video they couldn’t have been much more that two hundred feet away, or point blank! Is anti tank the only warhead? Be one heck of a bunker buster if used right
gary

It also has an emergency short range engagement, but it’s less guaranteed to hit.

At first, I thought it was a missed opportunity to eliminate a Thermobaric system but picking off the apc had the intended results! Very effective ambush since the tanks were nearly in line

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answered or covered, haven’t had a chance to scroll bavk through the feed. What BTR APC’S does the Ukrainian army use and whats the best Trumpeter kit to represent this?

This is a start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Ukrainian_Ground_Forces#Armoured_personnel_carrier

H.P.

1 Like

The Ukrainian Tractor Army is setting up MLRS artillery units …

4 Likes

Brothers in arms (2014 photo)

H.P.

7 Likes

Captured 2S34 Hosta fitted with a 120 mm gun-mortar :

Another captured K-53949 Typhoon-K MRAP

H.P.

4 Likes

some close in fighting from the Ukrainian military

2 Likes

I love how everything is identified as a “tank”. Folks labeling this stuff have no idea of the differences between a tank, IFV, SPG, APC, or any other sort of tracked AFV.

4 Likes

if you read the full description of the video, it tells you what got blown up and what did the shooting :sunglasses:

1 Like

The engine of a T series tank.

1 Like

The Ukrainian T-64 above is now used by Pro-Russian separatists

Ex-Russian T-72B3

H.P.

2 Likes

Yes it does. I had seen that before it was linked here. But the click bait type title says “tank”. To some folks every tracked AFV is a tank. Even when they’re not :wink:
Man that BMP got eaten up bad by the 30mm gun.

2 Likes

One thing I gotta say… I am not painting another unditching log on the back of my Soviet/Russian tanks in weathered wood again. From now on, green like the rest of the tank. :smile:

6 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

Captured T-72 model? Also, if people don’t mind the question, are those bags ERA? They don’t look like the Kontakt I usually see.

Yes they are a type of ERA.

1 Like

I am curious as to how those soft ERA blocks work. The “egg crate” interior of those soft blocks is unusual.

@Stikpusher i think those are supposed to be filled with sand and the sand is spaced apart using the egg boxes.

that’s kinda how someone else explained it in this thread.