Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Also the NLAW trajectory is near flat

Not really. It has 2 fire modes, direct and OTA which is a high tractectory - I read the manual this afternoon. It is a lower trajectory than say a Javelin but that’s due to its max range of about 600m, 800m if you’re very lucky

3 Likes

in that video they couldn’t have been much more that two hundred feet away, or point blank! Is anti tank the only warhead? Be one heck of a bunker buster if used right
gary

It also has an emergency short range engagement, but it’s less guaranteed to hit.

At first, I thought it was a missed opportunity to eliminate a Thermobaric system but picking off the apc had the intended results! Very effective ambush since the tanks were nearly in line

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answered or covered, haven’t had a chance to scroll bavk through the feed. What BTR APC’S does the Ukrainian army use and whats the best Trumpeter kit to represent this?

This is a start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Ukrainian_Ground_Forces#Armoured_personnel_carrier

H.P.

1 Like

The Ukrainian Tractor Army is setting up MLRS artillery units …

4 Likes

Brothers in arms (2014 photo)

H.P.

7 Likes

Captured 2S34 Hosta fitted with a 120 mm gun-mortar :

Another captured K-53949 Typhoon-K MRAP

H.P.

4 Likes

some close in fighting from the Ukrainian military

2 Likes

I love how everything is identified as a “tank”. Folks labeling this stuff have no idea of the differences between a tank, IFV, SPG, APC, or any other sort of tracked AFV.

4 Likes

if you read the full description of the video, it tells you what got blown up and what did the shooting :sunglasses:

1 Like

The engine of a T series tank.

1 Like

The Ukrainian T-64 above is now used by Pro-Russian separatists

Ex-Russian T-72B3

H.P.

2 Likes

Yes it does. I had seen that before it was linked here. But the click bait type title says “tank”. To some folks every tracked AFV is a tank. Even when they’re not :wink:
Man that BMP got eaten up bad by the 30mm gun.

2 Likes

One thing I gotta say… I am not painting another unditching log on the back of my Soviet/Russian tanks in weathered wood again. From now on, green like the rest of the tank. :smile:

6 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

Captured T-72 model? Also, if people don’t mind the question, are those bags ERA? They don’t look like the Kontakt I usually see.

Yes they are a type of ERA.

1 Like

I am curious as to how those soft ERA blocks work. The “egg crate” interior of those soft blocks is unusual.