Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Bore brush and they probably use gasoline

3 Likes

But there’s lipstick for that luscious “special operation!” :lipstick:

“for us with elderly eyes:” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

acc902c3a5bcdc3082b3654144ac5e55dbf4e47c

3 Likes

I would imagine they have the correct cleaning kit, even if not one set per wagon, then at least one per couple of wagons.
I think it’s more like Max said, no chrome incorporated within their barrels like ours. To be honest, I have never seen a muzzle that bad, unless it was on a range tgt.
It’s hard to judge them really not knowing what the conditions they are fighting in, and what relief time they get, but it only takes 30 minutes or so to brush through, oil, and dry clean a barrel if there’s a few doing it, and you’d hope they do all the wagons at once, even if it was every few days.

6 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

When I saw pictures with the muzzle crown from a distance, I always thought this was red oxide primer….

Edited to add: like this👆

3 Likes

PS : I’ve just realized this picture is one year old, but it could be very recent all the same…

H.P.

3 Likes

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

What’s going on with the tracks on this one @Frenchy ? They look odd to me.

1 Like

2 Likes

Looks like T-64 tracks to my old eyes …

3 Likes

When I joined we were still in ODs; cammies hadn’t even been introduced yet.

:beer:

So in other words, you’re past due for that appointment :wink:

1 Like

Now that Germany has stated they “will not stop” Poland from giving Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine, what type will they be? I see Poland has both Leopard 2A4 and 2A5 versions. Any idea which ones will go to Ukraine?

1 Like

Since Poland is getting both American M1A2 Abrams and South Korean K2 Black Panthers; my guess is that they will be giving them all their 2A4s, maybe keep the A25s in reserve status or even in storage.

Pure speculation on my part however I’d like to think 2A5’s would be given to Ukraine as it is the better protected of the two. This could then result in the modernisation of the 2A4’s to bring them up to A5 standard. Personally I think it is a massive own goal on the part of the German government not sending tanks (at this stage) and I imagine Krauss-Maffei Wegmann & Rheinmetall are unhappy about it from a business stand point.

3 Likes

Not Germany stated this but the in Germany widely unpopular female foreign minister Baerbock which surely have not to decide this. The government is still conservative to send german Panzers toward former russian soil to fight Russia again. This will overstep another red line for Russia which will lead to a further escalation of the war. Some lonely Leopards will also be no gamechanger on this stupid war but just another more nightmare for ukrainian logistic and repair facilities.

3 Likes

Do the Leopard 2 and Panzerhaubitze 2000 share any common automotive components? Engine/drivetrain? Tracks? Road wheels & suspension? At least that would give a little commonality within what must be a nightmarish logistics system considering all of the different foreign systems now being used in Ukraine.
And yes, I do agree that 14 Leo 2s will not make anything more than a symbolic difference. One company worth of tanks can be destroyed in minutes on a modern conventional battlefield.

1 Like

Its been a company of T64s that saved Kiew last year. A company of Leo2s is worth a russian division. EU cant afford 10 milion refugees. Ukraine will not be allowed to loose, tanks and planes including.