Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Anyone going to post some pictures?

2 Likes

Russia hasn’t funded proper training, maintenance, made enough smart bombs etc. It’s unlikely “expensive” technology transfered will get copied by Putin’s side. Russia would likely share that with China. They can afford to copy, reverse engineer, revise, improve those technologies.

As for the west, specifically the USA being able to keep secrets - that’s laughable. The two most recent US presidents can’t even be bothered to their keep classified documents secure.

3 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for the discussion and information. This is an amazing thread, really appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

1 Like

:point_up:

UAE-built Inkas Titan-S 4x4 IMV :

H.P.

5 Likes

Wester equipment may not stop a mass hoard, however they might make the losses unacceptable.

1 Like

Vehicle ID ?

https://cloudfront-us-east-2.images.arcpublishing.com/reuters/3JC3UUAU3FIDJL6QTR3LQ4LISQ.jpg

Close call…

H.P.

4 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

Navistar MaxxPro Dash vehicles. Which is the better kit? Panda, Bronco, Trumpeter, Riich or Kinetic?

For those who like to get resin tires and PE for everything you can always got with the Legend kit right off.

Yeah; forgot Legend makes one too…

But I’d rather deal with a full poly kit…

i guess I’m somewhat jaded at the moment having read so many books about MACV-SOG in Vietnam and how what they were seeing and what the experts were saying with regards to how successful Vietnamization was.

history repeats itself 50 years later in Afghanistan and then all the retired experts tells us a different story later on when they have their knighthoods and golden hand shakes.

we have have had a lot of “experts” tell us things, ‘face masks don’t work’ ‘the Russian economy will have totally collapsed by the end of June 2022’ etc etc.

I did receive your PM about those guys. I wasn’t trying to be all Secret Squirrel, if they’ve been mentioned in books I’d have no problem mentioning their names here. Sadly I can remember neither Jerry’s nor Chuck’s last name. I was never on Chuck’s team. And back when I joined SF, even as a private, we did not address senior NCO’s as SGT this or SGT that - it was simply Jerry or Mark or whomever. I was hoping if you sent me a name it might jog my memory, especially for Chuck.
There’s also an old timer in the MC who may have been as well. I can ask at the next meeting.

From my experience, the Bronco one is the best 1/35 in plastic.

Kinetic’s is probably second with Panda close behind it.

Trumpeter’s is 1/16 and Riich Model never released theirs.

1 Like

Asterix, I read as many of his exploits in other countries as I could get a hold of. I have thought a couple of times of buying the collection again.

I’d love it when he knocked a Roman Centurion off his sandals with the greatest of ease.

And then, there’s Obelix…

J Mccarthy: UFC don't allow Mike Beltran to travel for events because ...

3 Likes

Wrong!
He knocked a Centurion off the Centurions sandals. Sandals still there, Centurion gone ballistic

2 Likes

I’d like to see Werner make an appearance in Ukraine.
In a week everyone on both sides would be more interested in Bikes and Bölkstoff than in fighting one another.

1 Like

The vehicle from the first two photos looks like a heavily modified UAZ
the car has reworked fenders and sides but you can see a piece of the bonnet that looks like UAZ 469 and the rear wheel cover also fits

Agree, and the rims look like UAZ ones…

H.P.

1 Like

@18bravo no worries mate, i will go back and look at John L Plaster’s first book, there are a heap of names there that he talked to.

i think it might be easier to photograph the pages and PM them to you…i have his second book 8n my bag, i will have look in there as well.

it’s ironic that you use their Christian names and in most books they use their Surnames…makes it a little harder for me to track down lol