Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

LH-70 anti aircraft guns from Lithuania

Training

H.P.

2 Likes

Dont even look at the Dragon BMP. The trumpy kit isnt great either. Its buffling that one of the most prolific wehicles in modern wars has not been represented as a decent kit yet. There are hundreds of them around in museums and private hands. Heck I can drive it for 50 bucks an hour today if I want to.

H.P.

2 Likes

Looks like something out of syria

Those are two cool pics

Want in 35th!

The VT-55 is, or used to be, available from Legends (Conv for Tamiya) LF1307

or
from PanzerShop PS35254HT
http://www.panzershop.cz/inshop/scripts/set.asp?Page=2&Level=22&RecCount=38&Rnd=9402867
scroll all the way down to the bottom

They have two kits, one with and one without replacement tracks if you want to dump Tamiyas
rubber tracks. Builders choice …

The Tamiya kit has a minor error in the road wheels which can be corrected by this set from Miniart

Miniart also sell replacement tracks, both the OMSh and the RMSh type (the two different sprockets in the road wheels set are needed to fit the different tracks)

2 Likes

Here’s the Panzer Shop kit, haven’t gotten to it yet.

Edited to add: this kit came with what looks like Trumpeter (brown) individual link tracks.

4 Likes

It’s a BTS 4 though and not a VT 55 which is Czech

Dang!
Close but no cigar for me …

Let’s get it on plastic.
Someone has to start their expensive resin kit, and then we all know what happens after that…

2 Likes

Then what is the best BMP-1 kit available? ESCI? Zvezda?
Ken

The Trumpeter kit is the best on the market. Light years better than the other, older options.

2 Likes

I take it you don’t recommend the Lindberg kit?
Ken

1 Like

H.P.

4 Likes

What happens?

I know from bitter experience that as soon as I finish my wonderfully unique scratch-build the “what happens” is a plastic kit comes out so suddenly EVERYBODY has a model of my unique example! :frowning_face:

4 Likes

A company will come out with a plastic kit of it

1 Like

Bad for your health anyway :joy:

1 Like

Oh.
I thought that only happened after someone spent 200 hours scratch building an unbelievably detailed something or other.

1 Like