Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

But then, without photos where would this thread be… :thinking:

—mike

1 Like

Right, I see taking photos and I guess that I should have added about posting them to social media.
But its just to easy to use these pics against one’s self or your buddies.

Good point, but I bet a few life’s have been lost because of it.

1 Like

Swedish sanitary all-terrain vehicle Bandvagn 202 :

H.P.

5 Likes

Not a bad plan, until you remember why the Ukrainian Army is so much better than a few years ago - they were trained by the best on the planet. Part of SF is a sub culture of geeks whose capabilities are simply mind boggling. While not tabbed, they are highly intelligent dudes who add much value to an ODA, I talk about doing bad things to bad people. These dudes helped us find those people. And they are hard to fool. We had a team assigned to our ODA for a while in Iraq. About the only thing I’ll share is that whenever we left the wire cell phones lit up for miles. Often to the detriment of the users.

Lots!

Many Russian POW’s have told their Ukrainian guards that the Russian commanders took their phones away before they went to Ukraine.
A few Russian generals and colonels have been targeted due to their incessant blabbing on the phone.
Russia have a system for secure mobile phone traffic
BUT it relies on the 4G mobile phone network
AND Russia made sure to destroy as much as they could of Ukraines 4G network.
Maybe they did not quite think that move through first,
on the other hand they may have dismissed the idea that Ukraine
had the ability to spy on Russian usage of the Ukrainian network.
I get the feeling that there is quite a few monkey level intellects
involved in this massive blunder.
Good for Ukraine though :grin:

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Much of it us way beyond my knowing of actual tactics, but I do try and absorb levels from every angle to gather understanding. I still dont see how this doesnt get really murky within two years of the “ending” of it all and turns into a money grab from every angle when it comes to rebuilding. Our military is not a policing force and once our tactics have won, insurgent style will become norm as it has throughout history.

Trying to understand IRA and English relations seems easier than whats inline to happen here.

Good docu on amazon about PMC’s and kinda ironic the level our media try to shake its hand at Russia’s PMC’s.

Shadow Company

If their troops were as good as their patches this would have been over by now.

8 Likes

Frenchy, May I ask if it was you who had some M113 pics with the ACAV version running around Ukraine?

I’ve yet to see a US-supplied one, but here’s a M113G3-DK with the ACAV turret from Denmark

H.P.

5 Likes

Training

Lviv volunteers purchased and repaired a OT-64 Skot for the local Territorial Defense Brigade.

H.P.

4 Likes

Italian Oto Melara Mod 56 105 mm howitzer

H.P.

3 Likes

Dutch DAF YA-328 military truck

H.P.

4 Likes

That one is ancient! Build in the 1950, phased out end 1970’s! And hard to drive too…

from what I heared Gino they will be new build A2 without the depleted uranium incerts

H.P.

3 Likes

I was at bagram AB in Afghanistan in 2006 and they were still clearing land mines off the base in order to extend the runway