Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

BATT UMG 4x4 IMV :

H.P.

3 Likes

Uparmored Jeep Rubicon? Nah! too long a wheelbase to be a Rubicon.

What is visible of the dasboard reminds me of a Nissan Patrol Wagon GR one… :roll_eyes:

nissan-patrol-wagon-gr_3935_3

Same for the rear fender…

H.P.

1 Like

That’s probably it. they gutted a civilian SUV and added the armor plating over the frame.

The Patrol was there before the notion of SUV even existed… :smirk:

1 Like

Judge Rivetcounter: “I wonder what build defects the modeller did, that all that overdone snow is hiding? Not realistic, no award for this one.”

12 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

Didn’t know where else to put this, but looks like the Ukraine is getting M1A1’s instead of A2’s

1 Like

Interesting, I had heard rumors this might be coming. Now to see which version M1A1 they will be.

1 Like

Another story backing that up:

1 Like

M1A1 vs.T-80… not in the Fulda Gap in the late 80’s but on the Ukrainian steppe 35 years later… stranger than fiction to imagine…

6 Likes

and I kept wondering how was I going to get either Academy Abrams version into this.

2 Likes

They could take some of the surplus Marine M1A1 FEPs they have and downgrade the armor; putting new turrets with export armor, maybe?

…and Leopard 2’s :leopard: & Challenger’s to boot…

Guess who isn’t happy and is crying about the UK supplying those DU rounds to the Ukraine…

4 Likes

well it will balance out if China agrees to supply lethal aid to Russia in the same way the west has supplied Ukraine. if that’s the case then this war is going to go on for years.

1 Like

Damaged T-90M

Just came across this:

Would the RFM M1A1 ODS be appropriate for this?

Seriously removing T-55’s from storage???

1 Like

Possibly. Seems they will giving them Egyptian or Saudi version then old USMC hogs. Have to research if there is any rear deck changes because of the different engine and not 100% sure about the track in the kit for today’s use. Looks like they won’t be delivered til 2024. Lots could change between now and then.

3 Likes

I think they are basically doing that with zero hour hogs. If it is old Marine or Army hogs, it’s the same process for new A2/whatever or exports. They kept reusing old hulls and not making new ones.

3 Likes