I own a DP MG just like that one.

1 Like

1 Like

H.P.

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

A captured T-90A spotted…in Louisiana :wink:

According to the information portal “Tysk“, this tank belonged to the 27th Separate Guards Motor Rifle Brigade of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. It was captured by the 92nd Separate Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on September 25, 2022.

10 Likes

Bakhmut, according to the source

I wonder if that T-90 is headed to JRTC at Ft Polk for the OPFOR use? I would love to see the display area of that sort of stuff at Ft Irwin NTC nowadays…

Most likely it’ll go to Aberdeen Proving Ground first for a thorough analysis. The eggheads in ATEC will be salivating over it. Same way they did when we bought all those MiG-29s from Moldova.

I was curious if this would be used to train SF in behind line reasons in case of actual needed use of the item? is that to crazy to think?

Very low on the list of possible SF missions. I’m sure that 18Bravo could answer better than I on this aspect, but familiarization with foreign weapons is usually around Infantry type individual and crew served weapons: Rifles, pistols, grenades, machine guns, mortars, mines, RPGs, ATGMs, etc.

Ukranian motorcycle fitted with sidecar armed with a 9K115-2 Metis-M AGTM

H.P.

4 Likes

I found this:
Russian tank captured by Ukrainian forces turns up at Louisiana truck stop (msn.com)

Ken

3 Likes

Yeah, inspite of what Rambo said in First Blood, being a tanker was not part of our training in the Q course. I did drive a T-62 in Afghanistan, but that was for fun, on my very last day in country.
They would more likely bring Ukrainians here or have them train on similar tanks in Poland by guys who actually know what they’re doing.

Between movies and TV, and the ever shrinking portion of the US population that has actual firsthand military experience, the general public has a very unrealistic views of the various US Special Operations types, their various capabilities, and mission roles. Granted that doctrine and roles there are constantly evolving, but certain basics are fairly constant.

H.P.

4 Likes