Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Love the look of the Ukrainian M2A2 ODS-SA Bradleys.

1 Like

I wonder if these Brads are actually in Ukraine yet, or still training in Germany? The pics come from a German Twitter post with the below caption:

“Newly painted infantry armored personnel carriers M2A2 ODS-SA put into service with the 47th Motorized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine!”

1 Like

Seems like a new version of the Cope Cage but even less effective and down right dangerous!

2 Likes

Here are other captions for the same pics (from Ukrainian Twitter accounts)

American “Bradley” BMPs in pixel camouflage and Slovenian M-55S tanks armed with the 47th Airborne Assault Brigade on a military training ground in Ukraine

US supplied Bradley M2A2 IFVs in pixelated camouflage and Slovenian supplied M-55S tanks somewhere on the training ground in Ukraine.

with more views

I don’t think there are any M-55S tanks training in Germany at the moment…

H.P.

4 Likes

Seems they are getting desperate …

1 Like

Crew survivability might seem higher, but if the turret does POP like all their predecessors, the tanks will still be gone!

1 Like

Wonder if they’re provided with their own ARV’s…;

Some food for thoughts :

https://wavellroom.com/2023/02/10/armata-the-story-is-over/

H.P.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see images of T-14’s actually in Ukraine.
Maybe even count the roadwheels and check if there is a significant
gap between the first and second roadwheel …

1 Like

Thats the end that T14’s tank Commanders career if that happened on the Parade … slightly embarrassing

In-Te-Res-Ting!
I had heard the T-14 had some teething problems but not major issues like this …

I thought the T14 production issues/Component issues/and generally not meeting the requirements were pretty common knowledge ? Thats why they have probably under 50 that have been produced… out of the 2000 + wanted …

1 Like

I don’t have the time to keep up to date on everything
:grin: :wink:

2 Likes

Thats cus you are always taking wheel barrows full of models (plastic kit type lol) up ice tracks to your summer house :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

He calls it a summer house but it’s less than an hour away. We all know that it’s really a “stash annex”.

5 Likes

acktchually …
it is a 4 hour drive (at the legal speed limit) but only 30 minutes from my old home town.
:wink:
The last mile sometimes require some manual work to make it passable for ordinary cars.
This summer will probably contain some hard labor …

3 Likes

Challenger 2, allegedly in Ukraine service

3 Likes

Ukrainian 37th Marine Infantry Brigade M-ATV’s

1 Like

So far, it looks like the above Brads and M-ATVs have no special Ukranian markings, other than the digital camo on the Brads. It will be interesting to see how they are marked as they move forward.

Is there any T-80U curretly fighting in Ukraine?