Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

H.P.

4 Likes

Ahhhh… BLMF, such a lovely place… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

A Russian Lancet loitering munition successfully targeting a Ukrainian IRIS-T SLM launcher decoy in Kherson Oblast :

https://twitter.com/i/status/1686332475226640385

H.P.

1 Like

H.P.

2 Likes

Hello, is the red triangle a new marking?
Thanks for your answer!

Btw, I got the sprue for the turret of my zvezda T72B3. I intend to do one captured by ukraine, one from wagner and one from the russian arly (the meng and trumpeter I got will be done as captured by ukraine, still working on my meng T900A).

You and me both…

cf3723c99d4fba6e03395699a2efe5343689ce9a_2_666x500

Still a WIP.

2 Likes

My Squadron (77 Armoured Engineer Squadron) built the Metal Factory base up from scratch.

1 Like

Howdy Folks!
Happy to say I’ve got myself working on another model (Trumpeter 1/35 BM-21 Grad), and so far so good… until it comes to markings. I’ve done a decent amount of armor for the Ukrainian side of the ongoing Russo-Ukraine war, but I’ve decided it might be fun to mix things up a little. now, I’ve done some Russian armor as well, clad in white Zs and Russian flags, but I found that at the county fair people… didn’t enjoy seeing that flag. So, I’ve decided, to hell with it, why not DPR? well, turns out, reference photos for pre-invasion (Donetsk airport, pre-2022) for a Grad are proving to be incredibly elusive. (please note that my switch from one side to the other is NOT from a political standpoint. just looking to try new things, and the idea of weathering the hell out of something to get that authentic top of the line Russian look is enticing.) just throwing it out there, hoping to get some extra eyes looking for what I need.
Cheers!
L

1 Like

Would 2015 pics be too old ?

H.P.

1 Like

More BAT-2 views

H.P.

2 Likes

I hope there is a blast shield for those forward windows.

Nope, just right! Even 2014 would have worked. Thanks!

No, but in my experience with the Hungarians, they were always drunk, so they didn’t care much for what level of protection they had.

Ukrainian servicemen seized this multiple rocket launcher system reit the town of Dobropillia, Donetsk region, on June 13th, 2014. Facts that confirm the Russian origin of the weapon: the vehicle contained parts of the Russian-made military ammunition, These included ballistic charts stamped with a special sign of the military base number 27777. There was also a trace of the tactical sign shaped as a rhombus in a square. After a careful research it was found that the multiple rocket launcher system belonged to the 18th Motorized Infantry Brigade attached to the 58th Southern District of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation based in Chechen Republic.

H.P.

2 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

3 Likes

M14s in Ukraine

H.P.

8 Likes

Wow! Dusting off the old M14 “Workhorse” rifle once again. Chalk another battlefield where the M14 has left it’s mark.

2 Likes

Wow. Though back in the late '70’s it was rare to get qualified in some firearm in the Navy but I got a marksman ribbon for the M-14. The 1911 .45 well, we will not talk about that,

Cheers
:beer: :nerd_face: :beer:

2 Likes

You must have been the designated shark watch for swim call.

:beer: