Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Yes, I can make out the ECM, just wondered if they had mounted it on a smaller cupola and thrown it on the roof. My vision is not what it was, hence a lot of misspellings and punctuation of late. Causing me to have to go back and edit posts when I catch it.

1 Like

ba-re

H.P.

1 Like

Something similar already being worked on it would seem!

https://www.forces.net/technology/watch-jackal-drone-used-launch-martlet-missiles-first-time-during-trials

Turtle tank on the move (Benny Hill style footage)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/1c61ka7/russian_turtle_tank_under_fire/

H.P.

With the destructive power of anti-tank missiles currently on the battlefield, the Rus have proven the ineffectiveness of the cope cages. These turtle shells aren’t going to help them either - so if they’re intended to defeat drones, why not just use a simple grid of wire with one foot square spacing? You can’t fly a drone through it, and it would certainly save on weight, and allow the commander better situational awareness.

So, bedspring armor? That’s what I think of as ‘wire grid’ armor. I’m not educated enough on whether that was ever truly successful, but I don’t recall seeing it used after WWII which is telling.

1 Like

That’s the footage I saw, although it was longer, it really is like a benny hill chase, I can hear the music in my head

Another view of the ECM package:
So no sort of cupola underneath. Must make it a lot of fun getting in and out of that tank. Especially when it’s on fire.

3 Likes

place your bets folks and see which company releases this as a 3D printed accessory soon.

I’m already looking at cold remedy blisters. This would be ridiculously easy to vacuformas well.

1 Like

A similar T 62 near Solodke after 6+ drone strikes

looks like it was initially disabled by a mine

1 Like

If so, then it calls into question the effectiveness of the mine roller.

:beer:

1 Like

Not a problem. No need for a copula as the turret comes off.

3 Likes

This is the same tank

Looking at the damage make you wonder if there is a problem with the mine clearing gear?

Just to be clear, it’s the same tank as I posted earlier, not the same tank as the destroyed one posted after.

1 Like

It is unclear if it hit a mine. Reports suggest it was disabled by artillery - either way, a drone then dropped a thermobaric grenade through the open driver’s hatch.

The footage of its destruction is available on YouTube vlogs.

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes