Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

In studying the online instructions I’ve found a few more issues - this time dealing with the turret armor as well. Not just an errant bolt here or there, but shape issues with two or more plates. In fact a missing plate altogether. Fortunately for you the frontal turret armor should be correct for the Ukraine version, unless they’ve upgraded that armor on the A2’s. I’d have to see some good close ups of the Ukrainian Bradleys to know for sure.
It’s definitely an issue on the A4’s, but can be partially remedied with some of the leftover SHORAD parts. Still waiting patiently for kits.

Still waiting for mine to arrive too, how hard would it be to correct the shapes (I’m also the kind of modeller who wouldn’t fix mistakes if it’s just 1-3mm). I was able to get it for 45€ minus shipping cost , I’m thinking of doing more ofa what if, I’d like to keep the square crosses for a leopard.

Not hard at all. And you may have to scratch build one.

wich one? Are the other mistakes that visible?

I’ll do kind of a build along when I start.

ok, not sure when mine will arrive, the digital scheme will be interesting, I’ve never done that before, and I feel like the PE will be more annoying than the correction to me (especially the really small aprts), beside those mistake, I’ve seen it does apparently build well so that’s a plus. I’m also waiting for the new rye field leopard and the YPR (there’s so many tempting things from this war for modellers). Still hesitating between option tho those are tempting for me:

New russian towed artillery created from recycled BMP-1 turret.
Field mod?
Complete sequence of getting into firing position in this Youtube video

1 Like

Wow, scraping the bottom of the scrap barrel for that one.

1 Like

looks like something you would see in some country in Africa or the Middle East

Look like the 47th doesn’t only use bradley with digital schemes:

3 Likes

4 Likes

)

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

how do you guys scratch the slat armor?

1 Like

H.P.

3 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

AS-90

2 Likes

It seems to me that there are fewer smoking hulks than earlier in the war.

Maybe this will make you feel better:

Cheers,

M