Mountain Problems

Hi Ryan,

I like the relaxed pose of the two figures, I reckon they’d look the part leant up against the wall of a tank shed…sounds like you have a cunning plan to me, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Hi Robin,

It’s still early days, so I have the flexibility to change the road size and position. It’ll result in a tight bend, but I guess that’s not unusual on mountain roads, I think I need to draw out the road and see what it looks like and whether a vehicle could actually move along it properly.

Thanks again for your input, and cheers, :beer:,

G

I will leave that to an expert like Erwin. It’s been awhile since I last played with it so much so that the link for the product doesn’t work but here is what I did know. You do need to clean your tools afterwards as I recall or risk ruining them.
http://www.ipmseaglesquadron.org/ES-Forums/index.php/topic,1025.msg5073.html#msg5073

I agree. I hope to one day pull it off.

I fully admit that I have never used the stuff personally, but I have seen the results. That was fantastic.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the link, that base looks really good, even more so as it’s only 1/48th, :slightly_smiling_face:.

I have no doubt that you’ll do a great job, and I’ll look forward to seeing images of the finished build.

G

Hi all,

A few images below of the foam being shaped and the area where the waterfall will be being roughed out.

The glue soaked paper is still wet, so the contours don’t show up too well, :disappointed:, but I’ll take some images tomorrow when it’s dry, hopefully it’ll look slightly better, :roll_eyes:.

G

3 Likes

Great concept and if the carrier crossing is anything to go by, it will look superb !

Nice. If you could do it, make the road ascending or descending, then it will be even more dynamic!

Most excellent!

Hi John,

Thank you for the positive feedback, and fingers crossed as to finished look, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion, :slightly_smiling_face:. From the outset I had planned to have the road sloping down from the tunnel mouth, as shown on my sketch, but your feedback reaffirms my thoughts, thank you, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the positive comment, much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi all,

Spent a couple of hours putting a bit of texture and primer on the waterfall area this morning. There are a few bits that I need to reshape, and I think a coarser texture might be needed, but at least these images give a better idea of the rough shape than did the images yesterday, :roll_eyes:

Any comments, guidance or suggestions, critical, positive , or otherwise are always welcome as I’m no expert on rocky scenery, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

4 Likes

A very important thing (to me):stuck_out_tongue:) is to check how the rock you try to depict is in real life. From colour to shape. Each type of Rock has its own properties. First determine where the dio will be located, then find out what type of stone is in that location and look up pictures of mountain faces of said type.

I missed that one… :unamused: Sorry…

Looks like you’re off to a great start man , keep it up dude , I like where this is going !!

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the positive feedback and your continued support throughout my builds, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi all,

A bit more progress on the rest of the rockface, plus the introduction of a slightly sloping rough road surface.

G

6 Likes