MRAP technical like

Hello together,

does anyone has more pics with this one ?

I am trying to establish if a model can be made with it

Cheers

2 Likes

Welcome to Armorama :wink:

H.P.

5 Likes

You could even build another one, fitted with a BTR-80A turret

H.P.

4 Likes

Definitely. Rye Field does the M1240A1 M-ATV.

Trumpeter does the ZU-23-2.

Combine the two and you have what is pictured.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Yes, you can. As Frenchy posted, you are limited only by your imagination.
And depending on your budget and level of AMS, you have four M-ATV kits to choose from in 1/35.
The Kinetic offering suffers from a few scale issues but still builds up into a nice looking model,

1 Like

Do you know which country this is from?
Thanks

I/m guessing they are ISIS vehicles from Iraq and Syria.

Thanks, I noticed one Joe is wearing a black head dress.

Here’s a caption I’ve found

Resistance faction HASM Battalion and rebel groups in Yemen uses captured Oshkosh M-ATV vehicles of Saudi Arabian Army fitted with Russian BTR-80A turret and ZU-23-2 23mm anti-aircraft twin-barreled automatic cannon.

From
https://armyrecognition.com/weapons_defence_industry_military_technology_uk/oshkosh_m-atv_with_btr-80a_turret_and_zu-23-2_used_by_yemen_rebels.html

H.P.

Thanks

1 Like

Wellcome, great subject!
I’m fond of this weird improvised techs. Besides their catching appearance they often hide interesting stories of military equipment smuggling or international relationships. I have posted a couple pick ups recently and I am building a dumper with a T-62 turret on top of it.
Will wait to see your project taking shape.
Cheers

1 Like

Thank you all for replying ! I appreciate the advices provided

Cheers

Another option for the ZSU-23 guns…

The kit comes with options to build the following guns:

ZPU-1
ZPU-2
ZPU-4
ZSU-23-2

The set even offers different barrel shrouds on the weapons to replicate either the Soviet/Russian or Chinese versions.

3 Likes

Those photos look familiar. I probably got them from you/you posted them last year on kitmaker. :+1:

Someone did build this version as posted in the thread above. I haven’t got any further than a thought but already have both kits (Meng AA kit).

Welcome aboard. Interested in seeing the project if you give it a go.

1 Like