Museum of Military Equipment (Verkhnyaya Pyshma, Russia)

What a great modeling oppertunity.

Yuri, This is absolutely a stunning collection of history. Thank you for sharing these wonderful images.

—mike

I worked in the garden as my wife forced me to, and while my hands are shaking and I cannot assemble the model, I will continue the story.

In addition to the street exposition, access to which is free, there are also pavilions. You have to buy a separate ticket for each pavilion, which is convenient on the one hand – where you want, you bought there, and on the other – you want to go everywhere!

The first and main one for me is the Museum of Military Equipment: three floors of enjoyment!

By tradition, I admired the line of Soviet armored vehicles

Including BA-27, which we were promised soon in resin (flooded the floor with saliva)

Once again I refreshed in my memory the line of heroes of my kitographies “Small Soviet tracked armored vehicles” and “Soviet light tank T-26” “- they are all here

It seems like there were no snowmobiles before

Drew attention to the attempt of museum workers to “revive” the exhibits

With great surprise, I discovered another, small, hall with a thematic hodgepodge of exhibits:
on the right – the Germans,

on the left – American half-tracks,

straight ahead – rocket artillery on imported chassis,

and behind a pair of Kubelwagens “hid” in a state before

and after restoration

I asked the museum workers – yes, a really fresh annex. Of course, to the full height of the building, the rest of the floors will be opened a little later. Well a good reason to visit again.

To be continued …

8 Likes

You watch to the end - that’s really the bomb. I couldn’t lift my jaw off the ground all day! It falled down in surprise.

2 Likes

That looks like a really great museum. The wagons, trains, boats and aircraft all look in great condition and a lot of them still running … very impressive.

2 Likes

That is really impressive!
Thanks for the photos

Museum of Automotive Technology

The second in importance and time of creation is the pavilion of the Museum of Automotive Technology

Once upon a time, for a long time, cars, airplanes, armored vehicles and other species exhibits were housed in the same building (photo of 2014).

But the exposition, to our delight, grew and the auto and motorcycle direction spun off into a separate building, at the entrance to which we are met by the patriarch from the century before last

Connoisseurs in the photo at the booth can easily recognize the box-art model from the Ukrainian ICM

Undoubtedly, this museum has also changed since my last visit. And in some ways I have changed and my perception of individual exhibits. Having assembled just such a model, everything from the same ICM

I already look at her prototype differentl.

Now another model of the same company is next in line

And there are many more prototypes waiting for me.

And having collected a kitography on bicycles, at the same time getting acquainted with the history of combat bicycles, I already perceive the Russian combat bike from the Dux factory in a completely different way.

Although, as I was indifferent to motorcycles, that’s how I stayed

even if they are legendary Harleys

As in the previous pavilion, a sufficient number of dioramas at a scale of 1: 1 are striking.

But there are compositions in which there are no mannequins, but people are simply felt.

Look, look, do you see Generalisimo Stalin?

Maybe you don’t see the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, our dear Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev?

Then the first (and last) President of the USSR Mikhail Gorbachev you definitely saw.

The expositions on the four floors are unmeasured, I just ran at a gallop. If we look at it in detail, then this is a direct explosion of the brain!

PS. And here there is a reserve for the future: two more pavilions have been built nearby, unpretentiously named “Pavilion No. 1” and “Pavilion No. 2”, which are not yet allowed into.

Somehow, next to them, I saw a number of trucks for various purposes. Since this is a white spot in the exposition of this museum, I would venture to suggest that these pavilions are for them.

8 Likes

Beautiful old cars! Thanks for showing us all these fantastic exhibitions, Yuri.
Oh, and I still remember Brezhnev and his succesors.

Finally, I managed to fall into the new “Parade formation” pavilion

I had speculations about its contents, but when I stumbled directly opposite the entrance to a huge T-35, I was a little dumbfounded

At least because there is already one on the street

I don’t think it was moved while I was admiring the cars. And everything is very simple: on the street there is an exhibition copy, but here it is running. Like all the equipment in this pavilion, or rather the hangar. To the horizon at one end

and to the horizon in the other direction

the participants of the annual parades are located, the last of which I talked about.

The place is a storehouse of knowledge for modelers. All of us weathering our models of old times come from life experience, old low quality black and white photographs and the work of predecessors. And here is the LIVE exhaust of the T-34 and its dirty tracks

Do you like to draw rusty rain shoots on a military vehicle with rivets? Here is the original

Here you can resolve all disputes about the appearance of the tracks after the run. The equipment is standing after the May parade, my visit was in September. You can see for yourself:

Not everything is completely authentic. Heavy tracked vehicles are additionally shod – the asphalt must be protected.

But even in this one can find inspiration: who is there who glues the Shermans with virgin pillows on the tracks?

If you walk around the hangar clockwise, then at the end of the review you come across such a surprise: the only non-running exhibit

and you start going in circles non-stop

Ending to be…

PS I apologize for the quality of the photos. As you can see, the conditions for shooting there are very bad: twilight with spotlights.

12 Likes

Yuri,
Your photos are excellent. This is amazing! It’s like having a personal tour guide!
Thank you for sharing!

—mike

2 Likes

They are better than no photos and great additions. :+1:

Definitely museums and collections to be proud of and worthy of visiting!

Thanks for sharing!

Excellent photos of a very interesting museum! Makes me wish we could all get there for a visit. I love that non-runner showing off its internals so we can see how to detail all those new “with interior” kits. Maybe it’s a summer air-conditioned tank? :grin: (There are similar sectioned Centurion and Leopard tanks in museums that are great for us modellers…)

I would wish we had such collections/museums at Krauss-Maffei-Wegman or Rheinmetall plants. :smiley: :smiley:

Hans-Hermann, the Panzermuseum Munster is a bit smaller but the exhibits are also rare. Also some tanks from SU/RUS. Been there a few times, as my parents live nearby.

On the eve of my tomorrow trip to the parade in Verkhnyaya Pyshma, I would like to finish this series of reports. I won’t get into the museum itself. In Russia, the time before May 9 is not the best period for visiting military museums - everyone is actively preparing for Victory Day. And on this day it’s better not to go there, because you won’t see anything because of the heaps of people.
Here is the square of Yekaterinburg with military equipment installed for viewing - there are trunks sticking out there. How do you think it is possible to consider it well?

So I’m finishing my report.

I have not been to this new pavilion with the intriguing name “Wings of Victory” before.

Although in the previous visit, the structure itself was already an eyesore and aroused interest. Tickets for it are sold separately, but not in it, but in other pavilions.

After checking the ticket, at the entrance I was told that the review should start from the 4th floor. I was a little surprised by this circumstance, because I was used to starting from the first floor, but I obeyed. And now I go out onto the landing of the fourth floor … Oh my God!

Shock, delight and squeal! I have not experienced such a strong shock since I got out into the world!

Going down to the third floor, you just get directly into this action. Here is the preparation for the flights of Soviet pilots

And on the other side of the front, “theirs” returned

Pokryshkin forever at the helm of his Aerocobra

I wandered there for a very decent time.

Going down to the 2nd floor, I wondered if museum workers could surprise me after THIS!

They could do it!

I must say that my camera is not of a very high quality, therefore there are not many normal photographs. But the main reason was that I had no time for photographing there.

Thank you all very much for your attention and interest. Maybe I started in vain with one of the best museums. Probably I should have shown it in increasing order.
In any case, I plan to continue introducing you to military-technical museums in Russia.

9 Likes

Yuri, many thanks for showing us your magnificent pictures from these museums. maybe one day i will come and see them myself and my wife will be even more bored than our trip to the Bovington Tank museum in England.

WOW again, for another wonderful museum tour! :smiley:

—mike

In fact, we are not so scary.
Don’t give in to your wife! I can’t forgive my wife that we went to Versailles, but didn’t get to Le Bourget.
In Yekaterinburg, there are several dozen museums for normal people. There is a place to send a spouse.

Thanks for taking us on a trip around the museums in Yekaterinburg, Yuri. Enjoyed it a lot! And I’m planning to build Pokryshin’s Cobra one day out of the Eduard kit, as I have the decals.