Museum of Military Equipment (Verkhnyaya Pyshma, Russia)

And now I’ll tell you a little about the gift to myself for Victory Day last year.

Maybe some of you know about the Museum of military equipment in the village of Verkhnyaya Pyshma near Yekaterinburg. The museum is private, at the Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company, for which many thanks to them.

I have been there five times, I will be many more times, because not only is there a huge number of exhibits, but it is constantly expanding. This year, two more expositions will be launched in new buildings

This despite the fact that I have not yet visited pavilion 1 at the Museum of Automotive Technology

And I have a feeling (but there is no photo) that there is exactly the same Pavilion No. 2 to the right.

But, quite possibly, not everyone who knows about the museum knows about the parade. Yes, purely legally, this is not a parade, but in fact – it is he, and even one of the best. And certainly the most unique.

I was able to visit it.

I will not try to describe the whole event to you – there are a lot of materials on the network, it will interest you – look / read.

I’m talking about the uniqueness of the event. The first uniqueness is the participation in the running of the equipment of the period of the Great Patriotic War.

And if the T-34/85 can be seen in many places

That T-34/76 is much more difficult to meet

As well as the line of heavy tanks: KV and JS.

Self-propelled guns are a separate song,

automotive devices

All this is unique, fascinating, but pales in comparison with

The lend-lease technique was not forgotten either.

We are mindful of the role of allies.

The second uniqueness is incredible closeness. You are separated from the technique by one and a half to two meters (covid distance).

This is not to mention the fact that before the start of the run, everyone had the opportunity to view and touch all the participants in the parade.

The third uniqueness is the “live” technique.

When heavy military equipment passes by you with a crash and clang, in the exhaust smoke, then the impressions are slightly different from those that you experience when passing by a museum exhibit.

To be continued…

PS I apologize for my English. It’s not me, it’s Google.

12 Likes

Thanks for the report! :+1: :smile:
Maybe sometime I can find the time to visit museums

Thanks for the information, it is a very interesting museum. It is amazing to see so many vehicles moving.

I have edited your message to show the images. You can do it clicking the image icon and put there the image url (or upload it from your disk).

Let me know if you need any help, I look forward the second part.

Thank you. I can do right.
There is also a link to a short video. I couldn’t hook him.
This year I plan to go there again, bring many more photos and a normal video.

I started by giving them to myself for my birthday. As you age, parties aren’t as attractive anymore, and being able to walk around quietly and see what you like takes on a lot of importance.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Looks of impressive vehicles still running and static. :+1: Look forwarded to seeing more of the museum.

Looks like a fantastic museum and a great day out. Thanks for posting.

A significant part of the material on visiting the museum last year is ready for me, so I will post it fairly quickly. Small problems of conversion and availability of free time. But since I will be there again in a few days and bring (I hope) new photos and impressions, I will try to quickly.

Verkhnyaya Pyshma. Autumn 2021

The first time I visited the museum in Verkhnyaya Pyshma about 5 years ago, I was fascinated by it. Since then I have been 3-4 times and the last one was the day before. A museum is like a living organism: it grows, changes. Yes, and my attention is focused on some, then on other points. I will not tell you entirely about the museum – it is big! Now only about those differences that caught my eye.

Immediately at the entrance appeared (like it was not) such a monstrous SU-14

The increased logical ordering of the exhibits was striking: how they are grouped thematically. A number of modifications of the T-34

In parallel and nearby, a line of heavy Soviet tanks, led by the ancestor of the T-35

The Lend-Lease technique holds on to each other.

“Flock” of towed artillery of increased power

Likewise, her self-propelled counterparts.

And a little further a selection of defenders of the sky

At the same time I checked my “weathering” of the model

Part of the railway exposition is fenced

but I’ve been there on previous visits, so it’s okay.

But behind it is a novelty – a novelty for everyone: the Myasishchevsky M-4 on a bicycle chassis.

The exhibit is still in the process: it is fenced off and the maid outlines the star on the keel with masking tape

Having placed large land and air “ships” it was impossible to do without real ships.

To be continued …

10 Likes

Very nice. This looks like a great museum.

Very impressive collection of some historically important tanks, etc. An amazing number of actual running vehicles. Thanks.

Absolutely amazing, thanks for sharing. It is a pity it is so far inside the country., I guess it is not easy to visit.

this is a magnificent museum Yuri, thank you for sharing your photographs

An incredible museum.
Does Russia have an museum of captured Axis vehicles that is as immaculate and comprehensive as this?

Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Kubinka has the most comprehensive collection of original vehicles (their T-35 is an original rather than a reproduction - and it’s a runner!) although they are not all displayed to the best advantage, it would appear.
This site is a good guide to who has what, and where:
http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Panzers.html

Regards,

M

2 Likes

Yes, Kubinka is a separate song

Although now some of the exhibits have moved to the new Patriot Park (sort of).

In Moscow and around it, you can walk around military museums for a month.
Thank you so much for sharing such a valuable and wonderful information resource!

7 Likes

Now, probably yes. And so Yekaterinburg is the 4th largest city in Russia with a population of one and a half million and a large (relatively) international airport.
With our distances - two hours from Moscow by plane - it’s very close. It’s a long way to fly to Vladivostok for 8 hours.

The new facility looks much more visitor friendly. Has the colourful Mk.V Composite been repainted and moved to the new facility? At least it’s safe, it may be a strange thing to worry about amongst all the other disasters but I hope the two in Luhansk and the one in Kharkiv don’t get targeted just because they’re large and green…

Regards,

M

1 Like

Ah yes, now I remember Kubinka. Sometime in the 90’s another Armorama member was visiting Russia and was supposed to visit the Kubinka museum. I dont remember the details but he had some sort of problem being able to travel to the location. I think he finally made it but he couldn’t take photos or something like that.
At the time everyone was wanting interior photos of a KV-2 turret and thought he might be able to get them.
Thanks for the response,
Cheers,
C.

2 Likes

Great question! Turns out I needed an answer too.
Yes, he moved to Patriot Park

They even opened it!

I urgently need to go to Moscow.

4 Likes

Kubinka is a military unit and an old test site. It tested our and foreign tanks. Then they were put in an open field, then covered with canvas tents, and then they made hangars. And so it turned out in 1972 the museum. But until 1996, the entrance to it was very limited, it remained an institution of the Ministry of Defense. And getting to it on your own is not very convenient - by commuter train, and then by bus.

1 Like