Mustang Mania. You can build anything as long as you call her Allison

Wait what? How’d you end up inheriting these? Also, that Apache is looking fantastic!

2 Likes

Holy cow you work fast! That looks excellent!

2 Likes

I was struggling to build them properly so he and I swapped, he got all three of the AM mustangs and I got a F-51 unstarted

1 Like

Cooperation at its finest! Also I saw no evidence of a struggle so don’t get too down on your self.

1 Like

I think I just got frustrated and gave up, probably shouldn’t have.

I was getting frustrated with mounting fit issues. I think working on a dumpster fire spitfire from ICM right before this made me feel like aircraft weren’t for me. I’m now working on a hobby boss Me-262 that fits really well and getttibh a better feel for wing things

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that monster you had going. And you’re right. I enjoyed building one, but 3 in one go would have sunk me too.

Glad to see they went to a good home though.

2 Likes

Oh man! I don’t like you anymore HA HA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice dry brushing… love it.

Thanks Mead and Don!

I added a wash, a little oil rendering on each panel and the first chip color. I also painted and added the landing gear.

Im really like how its coming along!

7 Likes

Ezra I really hope you can harness these talents for whatever career the future might hold for you. You really do have a gift for this.

As for this build in particular, my only criticism are those cast aluminum tires. You might want to consider switching them out for rubber ones lest your bird run into some balance and fuel economy problems.

2 Likes

The overall paint finish and weathering looks superb Ezra :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

You might want to consider switching them out for rubber ones lest your bird run into some balance and fuel economy problems.

Good idea Don… might provide a smoother ride as well.

I played around with some silver and oils yesterday/ today and added some zinc chromate chips for a more layered finish. I also blended light blue oils over the stars and bars for a faded look.

Still a bit more fiddling to do with oils (make the fuel stain on the wing neater, add some black grime on the cowl etc.)

This defiantly isn’t a @HGBARNES quality build but its my best aircraft so far!

6 Likes

Balderdash! This looking just fine. Now all the kids at school are gonna pick on me BAHAHAHAHA, like they’d have a chance. What is drawing my eyes is how organic and random the weathering looks.

2 Likes

Thanks alot HG! Im really happy with that as well! Amazing what a paintbrush and a podcat can do. :rofl:

Well I got a little done, not as much as I would have liked but its getting there.

I added some dust with enamels and tried to airbrush some exhaust stains. With a little Danger Close Dioramics @Chris_Bryan black pigment it should look good nuf!

9 Likes

These look great. Did the other two get finished up? @Panzer_modeler

1 Like

Sadly no, they are still sitting on the shelf of shame! :joy:

I finished the A-36 though. Sometime I will get around to adding the 500 pounders.

Please don’t judge me too harshly guys, this is my first aircraft in like 3 years.

Another huge thank you to @Mead93 for the kit!

Im already onto another aircraft…

6 Likes

Cracking job, especially with the Frankenstein you inherited

Excited to see the updates on the other 2! What is that you are working on now? Looks like it might be a Bf-109 of some sort?

Thanks man!
Yep its the Eduard 1/48 Bf-109 G-10. I will be painting it as an all black night fighter!

Nice Mustang, not a fan of the bubble tops but I always wanted to do a “razorback”. Like the looks much better. Can’t wait to see the 109G. I built a ton of the old Revell 1/48 G-10s. Should be a looker!