My Rolling Stock Your Rolling Stock . show and tell thread

A rail related photo I just posted over on the “Small Steel Bridges” thread:

That bridge is two Atlas HO Scale Warren Through Truss bridge kits spliced together. Then turned upside down to make a large deck truss bridge for use in 1/35th Military Scale.

2 Likes

Wow just wow! :astonished: :+1:t4:

1 Like

Another “brown towel” dio:

Old Tamiya Stug. All else is Dragon.

3 Likes

Could not stand that the Dragon model flatcar was sort of a “gutless wonder” with no underpinnings at all so had to correct that. (Sorry but I based my sub-structure design on US prototypes that I was already familiar with so beaucoup errors made here.)

Trying just to pump a little additional life into this thread by posting some old work here. Cheers.

(Photos would not load. I’m guessing Santa is doing some Merry Christmas Day Server Maintenance ~ Will try again later.)

See Flatcar photos as added further down below 1/1/2022

2 Likes

yes, please do. Maybe the images are too large?

No ~ tried making them smaller (my images usually load just fine) that did not help.

Than tried uploading to a different Armorama post topic ~ still no luck.

The text uploads but not the photos.

I am sure it is just some sort of high traffic Christmas glitch.

Will try again later ~ no worries.

Uploads seem to finally be working again 1/1/2022

So, I had a problem earlier this year where one of my pics wouldn’t load. I resaved it and it still wouldn’t load. I resaved it to a different size and it loaded fine. FWIW.

In case some corruption’s got into those images maybe try Snipping Tool (i.e. copying) one of them & try loading that. Occasionally I get that & ST has solved it. :tumbler_glass:

What file size were the images? I haven’t checked, but there must be an upper limit the forum software will accept. I tend to resize my photos to something like 1600x1200 pixels, which drops the size to about 500kb, before uploading. I use GIMP, or Paint if I’m feeling lazy!

Testing image loading with a Walthers HO Enclosed Autorack TTGX160534

4 Likes

HO scale Trinity Reefer TPIX3334 from BLMA. So much detail!

3 Likes

HO scale Trinity Reefer TPIX3334 from BLMA. So much detail!

1 Like

Artwork by Jean Diorama

6 Likes

Could not stand that the Dragon model flatcar was sort of a “gutless wonder” with no underpinnings at all so had to correct that. (Sorry but I based my sub-structure design on US prototypes that I was already familiar with so beaucoup errors made here.)

Replaced original molded wood decking with individually distressed and stained “Evergreen” planks for a more worm appearance.

A partial view of the finished underside of the rebuilt flatcar, (platform wagon, that is.)

6 Likes

My take on the 13 ton “Cowhatchen Shay” by PFM ~ HO Standard Gauge

Added Custom black and red paint. Directional constant lighting. Wood fired load. Catwalk mounted steam water pump and hose reel.

6 Likes

@165thspc, very nice detail work on those!

3 Likes

This perhaps will be considered a bit of a brass sacrilege but I just never really cared for the proportions on the classic “B3 Shay” from PFM - but I did hunger for a heavier, longer two truck Shay.

So I swallowed hard and started cutting: - First cutting the auxiliary tender frame (right behind that small toolbox) and then shortening the main engine frame and moved the auxiliary water tank forward to become the primary water tank for the locomotive. I then sectioned the smaller oil tank (made it less tall) and turned it 90 degrees, to now form the oil tank right behind the cab.The greatest “white knuckle” moment was trying to build that longer insulated boxed drive shaft that runs between the triple vertical steam engine and the rear truck.

To this I also added a bit of custom paint, weathering, directional constant lighting and that neat little cast brass tender ladder on the rear.

6 Likes

Wow, Black Belt Expert level work there :flushed: :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Thanks - but in truth, even I thought I was crazy at the time for attempting this “chop-job”!

1 Like

Michael, splendid work. Love the lil’ guy. I am hoping to start on a 2-6-0 this winter.

1 Like