My weapons designs

I agree with James. You don’t see a lot of demand for these particular weapons. The market is mainly on modern M4/M16 and AK pattern rifles; specially with current events in Eastern Europe.

1 Like

Stuart, I have a CAD for it, which can be 3D printed. I modified it from this to make it more 3D print friendly: “Low-Poly SIG Sauer MG-338” (Low-Poly SIG Sauer MG-338 - Download Free 3D model by Kaan (@KaansArsenal) [3da42cd] - Sketchfab) by Kaan is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0).

Venko, let me know if you want the CAD file, I’ll send it to you for free.

It’s generous of Venko to work on these and 3D print them but I feel like there is no need to reinvent the wheel when these CADs are already available out there.

2 Likes

You have point, but many of those designs cannot be printed nicely and not justify the price. Most of those 3D models are for games etc., not printing, they just sell them anyway. Speaking from personal experience. I bought several rifles initially from Cults etc., but could not print them as I like (luckily didn’t pay much). The topology and overall modelling was awful. That’s one of the reasons I started my designs and I didn’t regret.

I can point you immediately on those design which details will not print :wink:
But as I said I’m doing this for fun in the first place.
Regards!

4 Likes

Much respect to you, Venko seriously. It was too time-consuming for me to turn these into 3D printable format. It wasn’t fun anymore… There was no ROI either… O, and I will take your pointers on which details will not print.

3 Likes

Thanks!
Here are some points on first look, there may be more:

Regards!

2 Likes

I’ve also been trying to, or at least I’ve been wanting to, CAD that XM250 for months now. It’s hard trying to find much information on it. It was hard enough finding enough on the XM5 to get that CAD’ed accurately.

1 Like

I’m working now on several AK variants, but I can model this XM250 afterwards, looks awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am looking forward to building a shopping list to place an order. Many thanks for you efforts!

1 Like

AK 74 with wooden stock, made in Bulgaria :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A quick Norman sword XI-XIII century :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1/35 scale 3D print of a Roman Gladius could be interesting

and perhaps a scutum?

2 Likes

Oh, yes!

German arquebus/musket from the Thirty Years war:

…and gladius:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Roman scutum shield:

2 Likes

Wow! Great stuff as now more 1/32 and 1/35 scale figure can be modified to create Legionary dios. The VICTRIX wargaming 28mm Rome’s Legions are good, but more options are always better. Thank you for your efforts!

3 Likes

M1911 Colt pistol WW2:

2 Likes

Lee Enfield No.4 rifle:

3 Likes

The Gladius and scutum in 1/35, although I didn’t had time to paint the ornaments on the shield :slight_smile:

3 Likes

German arquebus, 30-Years war. For the fuse I used cotton thread, but twisted wire will also work, better to manipulate.

3 Likes