NATO tanks in Ukrainian markings

Are you spotting the theme ?

Abrams will be new production. US wont export ones with DU armor. So unless they can get Aussies, Saudis to “loan” some of theirs… How bout Korean K-1s or Japanese Type 90s??? As for colors /markings, SWAG, What ever color they come in … you’re in the middle of you country being invaded are YOU gonna worry bout repainting to make thempretty? Markings? Same as what they are already using.

uS

Maybe…UA has lost a good bit of armor (destroyed and captured). Granted not as much as RU. Not going to pretend to know enough about the results to know the causes. If the TC and/or driver ain’t from the area then more then likely RU will know the land better and have the advantage of being the defender in this case. If UA could control the air at night along with combined arms that would be ideal. UA’s small unit tactics at night appear to have been highly effective.

UA seem to be doing be a decent job of moving the lines, they don’t need an arm chair general without the complete information second guessing them. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

If any of them ends in russian hands -an that’s not a minor “if”- they will not be used against Ukraine due to the lack of ammo and spare parts, not to mention the time needed for training.
It’s not the same as Ukrainians using captured russian tanks, since they still have the hability to use them and enough capabilities to manufacture ammo and spares at least in the case of T-64, T-72 and T-80…
In the end any western tank being captured would be shown as trophies for propaganda purposes, for sure

2 Likes

It has already been announced that the U.S. will be giving them new-build M1A2s, just not which version yet.

Bradleys have already been seen and posted.

M2/M3 Bradley Reference - Reference by Subject - KitMaker Network

2 Likes

Oh yes I did. Let’s just call it cultural.

in the late spring of 68 war fare changed to the night shift. The enemy couldn’t safely move in the daylight, so they changed shifts. The Army learned on the job to work the night shift, and it’s been on a steady learning curve ever since. Look at ODS, and you soon spot the gains in quality when it comes to the night shift. I have to assume they are much better now than twenty years ago. I have no idea what sighting systems the Germans are using right now, let alone the UK, but I suspect it right off of what the U.S. and Hughs Aircraft developed (if not the samething) . Then Israel developed their own system that was similar, but with a much different software package. We later went with a similar package. Then the M1a2 come about, then the whole system was seriously upgraded. What the Russians are using is not as good as the M1a1’s, and actually early 1980’s technology.

Back in the 1980’s the Army brought in the Hughs thermo imaging gun sight in a dog & pony show at work. It was so good that it was creepy scary. They set it up and targeted stuff five or six miles east of us. They could make out what sex the people were just by their heat signature. Look into windows of office buildings and so on. The one thing that got me was the foot tracks people left on the street. Then he said this system was being replaced with something better. That would probably have been the M1a2 gunsight, and it was upgraded over and over. I remember looking thru it at a half cup of coffee that had been setting there all day long. You could tell how much coffee was left in the paper cup. They’ll be able to shoot at Russians long before they even know they are in the area.

Those guys (out of Ft. Knox) would bring in broken parts, and we’d study them. Usually clutch plates, but once in awhile a valve or wiring harness. As soon as we got our hands on the junk parts we started to figure out how and why this happened. then make a better part. Then somebody got smart and had them ship in the failed transmission intact. Then things moved fast. Back in those days we were all learning on the fly, but were never afraid to make the decision.
gary

4 Likes