Need help. Created new account and can't post

Hello,
Would someone please help me. I was a member of this site for quite a number of years although I haven’t posted in some time. When I tried to sign in I was unable. Even when I tried to reset my password I never received an e-mail to do that. I signed up using a new name and e-mail address. I was able to establish a new account. I’d like to post in the “looking to trade” forum but when I try to click on the “post new topic” icon it won’t let me. Thanks to any and all who respond.
God Bless You,
Joe

1 Like

Welcome back Joe,

Seems odd that you can post here but not in the forum you want. Hopefully Jim or one of the moderators with better knowledge may be able to pinpoint the issue quickly

Only thing I can think of is possibly you haven’t obtained the trust level required to post in the other areas yet, or at least create your own topics.

The discourse system works on trust levels which allow you to do more things as you read posts, reply, like etc. If I remember correctly I think completing the tutorials is part of the early trust levels, so worth a try if you’ve not run through them yet.

1 Like

Welcome back Joe, same as digger, I can only think it’s to do with trust levels and the tutorials…hope it gets sorted out

Hi Joe. All new accounts have to spend at least a day or so interacting normally before they can create topics in the Buy Sell trade forum. You can post in almost all the other forms or create topics. If you give it a day or so you’ll be able to post there if you were using forum normally during that time.

And everyone had to create new accounts and go through this process so this is nothing unique for you.

Best wishes
Jim

1 Like

Extract from a description:

Users at trust level 0 cannot …

Send personal messages to other users

“Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)

Flag posts

Post more than 1 image

Post any attachments

Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post

Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)

Mention more than 2 users in a post

Post more than 3 topics

Post more than 10 replies

Edit their own posts after more than 24 hours

Get to trust level 1 by…

Entering at least 5 topics

Reading at least 30 posts

Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed

Send PMs

Upload images and attachments if enabled

Edit wiki posts

Flag posts

Mute other users

The full description can be found here:

I can’t explain why you could not post in the looking to trade forum though …

1 Like

Hello to All,
Thanks to all who took time to help me. I will check out some of the posts and try to respond to a couple. Where do I find the tutorials? Everything has changed so much since I was last here. I’ll have to learn things all over again. Anyone know why when I tried signing in there was no notification that I would have to create a new account? I couldn’t figure it out especially when I requested to reset my password and never got an e-mail.
God Bless You All,
Joe :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Here you go Joe.

KitMaker Discourse Tutorials

Tutorial Videos on Adding Content to New Sites

Tutorial: How to use Tags

There’s a few to go through… I’m sure there are a few others.

If you use the search icon and type in tutorial, it will show you various links to ones it finds … Hope that helps … John

Read the guidelines while you’re logged in

https://forums.kitmaker.net/guidelines

You can also PM @discobot and somehow make it take you through the tutorials which gets you street cred

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the info. Watched the tutorials and read the terms of agreement. The terms of agreement said I had to agree to the terms of use but I didn’t see anywhere that I could click the “agree” button. Can anyone help with the robot thing. I don’t understand what that is all about. As I stated initially I had been a member for quite some and it is great to see that there are still friendly and helpful people ready and willing to provide assistance.
God Bless,

The robot thingy will send you messages asking you to do things.
When you have completed a task you get a new one until you have
gone through all the available tasks

Hi Robin,
Thanks for the response, but how do you use it? This is a message I got but I don’t understand what it means:

God Bless,

Reply to the message and include the at-sign discobot display help
The message/task is: “say … help.”
If I type @M-60-A1 in this post (which I just did) you will get a notification that I tagged you in this post

The reason you had to make a new account, is because the new forum doesn’t use the accounts of the old one. We all had to…

1 Like

Hey Guys,
Thank you for your responses.
God Bless You,