New AHHQ/Takom M4A3E8 in 1/16 scale…

Gecko Model has already announced a 1/16 PzKpfw II Ausf. F about a month ago…

2 Likes

Also the ILK version will retail for $188 US, the AHHQ version will retail for under $150, so a $40 plus dollar price difference or about 21% cheaper than the ILK.

As if the simpler tracks, better figure, and interior gun detail didn’t already sell it enough. The price difference is significant enough to be discussed.

This is a kit that a modeler (Andy) had input in it’s design :slight_smile:

I want to use mine to build this if the turret allows for split hatch option.

OR this if it doesn’t

@ Shermaniac Tasca became Asuka because of change of top leadership. Someone left whose last name began with a T. So Tasca (TOSS-KUH) became Asuka (OSS-KUH).

Asuka rhymes with Tasca.

Asuka isn’t pronounced “UH-SOO-KUH” but only has two syllables

@ericadeane, I do recall hearing about a shake up. Something about their top designer leaving. If part of his name was on the brand name then the name change must’ve been an unavoidable legal issue? I still find myself typing Tasca when discussing Asuka models, LOL.

That’s interesting about the pronounciation, now that I know it’s only two syllables it makes sense that their name is what’s left over after removing the T, thanks for sharing that.

What’s your take on this giant new Sherman kit?

I like the PE in the ILK version. But have enjoyed the Das Werks StuG III G – so feel very positive about the Takom one. I’m still undecided – I think it’ll depend on what subject I want – T66s or T80s (and loader’s hatch) will probably make my final decision. Whatever it is, it’ll be on my wish list to Santa – and one of my relatives will likely get it for me! haha

I might consider getting both but the ILK version will come later. You gave me a good idea to maybe ask for it for Christmas. The AHHQ I’ll be buying as soon as it becomes available.

Kermit… I mean Andy has his actual (pre-production) model up on You tube now for inspection.

Looks really nice. I’ll probably grab one if I’m feeling rich enough.

Now if someone can PLEASE convince him to stop mispronouncing “accessories” .

2 Likes

Nice kit but come on man! I wish someone would do more modern vehicles in 1/16. Stryker, Cougar, Buffalo, Husky, or HMMWV…there are so many cool subject to choose from but wait first we need another WW2 subject. Just like in aviation…another Bf-109. It’s not like we don’t already have enough. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

I am completely sold on a 1/16 Stryker family…

The Shermn looks really nice too, I wish someone finally releases a M51 1/16 scale kit.

1 Like

You beat me to it! :wink:

I saw this yesterday a few hours after Andy posted it but forgot to log back in and post the video, LOL.

The kit looks fantastic, the plastic looks really thick and sturdy too. I see why the folks on the 1/16 scale RC sites are getting excited about this model. To me it doesn’t seem like Takom is going to expand this into having an interior because of the tub design.

Before this and the pending ILk version there hasn’t hardly been any WW2 allied armor in 1/16. I think a resign M3 stuart? For going on 20 years Trumpeter has produced a lot of different 1/16 scale German and Russian WW2 tanks. The three most widely produced and fielded WW2 AFVs where the panzer 4, the T-34, and the Sherman. Like it or not the Sherman is part of that big three of WW2 and it’s absurd no one had put one out previously. No other WW2 AFV saw action in more places worldwide, africa, russia, MTO, ETO, and the PTO.

This is not “just another WW2 subject” it’s a subject that had been sorely neglected for decades of one of the most historically important AFVs in what has been historically the largest human conflict in WORLD history.

To complain about this here in the WW2 allied section is poor form in my opinion. I know a lot of people that’ve been waiting for this release for a very very long time.

1 Like

The kit does look nice, it looks downright amazing! It exceeded my expectations and these sprues (although early test shots) IMO look much better than the ILK sprues. The price is also very good at $139! The included figure looks really really good! I can’t wait to build this up!

BTW, I LOVE that the mantlet dust cover was made in plastic!!!

There are plastic parts out there to make a M51 in 1/16 scale. You could order the turret sprues from tamiya from their 1/16 scale M51 RC tank, and quickly build one of the M4A3E8 hulled M51s. Making an M4A1 version would be harder but the plastic parts exist out there

1 Like

As long as the price doesn’t get silly here in the UK then I will be jumping into my first 1/16th experience. Really quite excited about this…

This is a beautiful kit and $139 is an incredible price. I’ll be all over this kit like a monkey on a cupcake.

I think I may have to make some sacrifices to pay for one. That not a bad price at all

That sounds intriguing. You mean an Israeli M51 correct ?

Well said; although I would definitely love some modern stuff too, but this is fantastic.

How does he pronounce it wrong?

I was reaponding to @gtdeath13 his post mentions a 1/16 scale M51

The only M51 I’m familiar with is the IDF tank based on the Sherman, I’m fairly certain he was talking about one of these. Although this image is of Chilean M51 purchased from Israel in the early 1980s(?)

1 Like

I just wish it had been one of the more common vertical volute spring suspension models but who knows whats in the pipeline? I have the ILK on Pre-order from HLJ but seeing AHHQ’s now I’m wondering which to go for. I think AHHQs suspension is set (per bogie) from the look but not sure if ILK’s is workable in that respect. I guess as more is revealed we will know.

I have the Classy Hobby M5A1 early and its nice but needs lots of love to get it up there and am looking forwards to a big sister on the allied side for it.

Keith