New AHHQ/Takom M4A3E8 in 1/16 scale…

FYI, Jeff Shiu has coming kit tank figures and riders.

I’m getting both, I’m not sure I will but it occurred to me that by mixing and matching both kits it’s possible to make a early E8 like flat floot flogie (MB thread protector needed) and then with the leftover ILK parts (plus a modified engine deck) using the AHHQ turret with dust cover you can make a Korean war Sherman.

I wouldn’t be surprised that Andy makes his own AM for this kit using 3D parts.

1 Like

I preordered it this morning.
Now all we need is some resin printed pioneer tools with tie down straps.

He says ass essories. The word is Ack sessories. Dad used to say it like that. Drove me nuts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are from the US and pronounce things differently than the others I guess.
He pronounces it just like I do and I live in the Midwest and he is in AZ.

1 Like

Can’t find a single US pronunciation source that would agree with you. Mind you, I’ve not looked very hard. Always the Hard C.

Anyhoo, I do kinda agree that an earlier Sherman would have been better for me. But this one is growing on me. I guess it’s probably for the better though, given that it seems virtually impossible to have enough parts to keep sherman suspension experts happy.

Well, I’m from the US and I can tell you that different regions pronounce words differently

3 Likes

I pre-ordered too, I’m super pumped about this one. I always said I’d buy at least one big Sherman if they ever made one in 1/16 scale and now I’m getting one from each company, LOL.

Hopefully these will sell really well so we can get some more variants down the road.

Was watching Andy’s video for a second time and I noticed that the splash guard around the turret and fuel caps is molded separately so that they include the drain holes. Good attention to detail there, the brush guards are realistically flat and look appropriately thin too.

1 Like

The AHHQ kit has workable suspension, a metal barrel, indy track links, and a full figure. Box art:

By “a full figure” I meant the TC, not the tank. We already know Shermans have a full figure!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure its workable as far as the bogie pivots as a unit but the arms look like they are set against each other, the shock between them is a solid not sleeved to allow each arm to pivot on its own. So the term workable is figuratively speaking right but not right at the same time.

saying that I think the ILK is similarly set up too

Yea, but that is an easy fix, just add a spring. This does look like a really good kit.

And I, along with everyone I know (which at this point is about ten people), pronounce it ack sessories. Just sayin’.
Ken

1 Like

I knew a guy from somewhere in the Midwest who pronounced finger as “fing - er” rather than the more common “fin - ger”…

@kornbeef

Did you recieve notification from HLJ as to why they cancelled the ILK M4A3E8 1/16 scale order? On their website it just says the order was stopped :frowning:

Order Stop simply means they have stopped taking pre-orders, as their currently ordered allotment has now been spoken for by said pre-orders. When they get it in stock and they have excess you can order it and/or backorder it.

No it just vanished from preorder, had me worried as I bought a Tamiya 1/32 Zero at about that time and it shipped , for a while I thought SWMBO would do one when a huge box from Japan turned up unannounced.
LOL

Keith

@kornbeef

If you don’t mind me asking what is HLJ charging to ship this kit to the US? I had logged in a couple of times when I was still mulling it over whether to buy it or not and when I finally decided to buy it, it was no longer open for pre-order. So I never got to the point where I actually managed to figure out shipping costs.

Why not just order it from Andys Hobby Headquarters, shipping in the U.S. is only $13
I have one ordered and I’m really looking forward to it.
I saw earlier on Facebook he did a short video build of the bogies,