New (Hetzer?) from Takom

You are right, of course. I was thinking of American tanks with fully supported suspensions where the sag of the tracks is minute and easily modeled by a molded length of track.

KL

2 Likes

2 Likes

I would also say that although not having live track, vehicles like Panthers and Tigers that have a lovely catenary action of the tracks which I would imagine would be difficult to achieve with link and length.

Those M4A4 tanks are from the French 1st Armored Division, part of the 1st Army under General de Lattre de Tassigny. They fought as part of the 6th Army Group in the southernmost sector of the western front. Very colorful; they make for great modeling subjects.

LeClerc was in command of the more famous 2nd Armored division which was assigned mostly to the US 3rd Army. So he was a division commander, not in charge of the entire France Forces Libres.

1 Like

Some new figures for the hetzers…

3 Likes

More Hetzer photo reference here: (Link)
Both wartime and G-13

Does anyone know if Takom is going to include die cut camo mask for the mid production version that is on the box art?

http://www.moxingfans.com/m/view.php?aid=11472

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting that they also offer a duplicate clear body version in this kit in case you want to really show off that interior!

Great idea!

Got it!

1 Like

I am a fan of the hetzer…

1 Like

First impressions?

Good! Excellent!!
Then the market will be “flooded” with “redundant” Tamiya kits…

1 Like

Detail pics man!

Good.
I haven’t gone thru the trees yet.
Small sized instructions.
Comes with command radios but doesn’t look to come with its base or antenna.
Air cleaners are the later round type, not early rectangular version.
Paint recommendations for engine compartment components are suspect.
Metal barrel included but not the type with a threaded end.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that. We need the experten to tell us how a Hetzer looks inside without the command radios.

Is the other command stuff in there too? e.g. the GG400 generator.

David

I’m wondering if the command radios are not installed, then only the frames for the radios are in this area?

Tamiya died when the other folks decided to kit it. Eduard was the first, and on a different level. Now Takom is teaching them a lesson
gary

I would be most interested in the way the did the ammo storage
glt