New M939 Series kit!

denimo…I’d check your RM kit out to see…my dump set is, well, BAD!!! deformities, lack of detail (lots!!!), big globs of resin everywhere, even pieces (yes pieces) of the mold itself stuck to the seperate parts…luckily everything is seperate (side walls, floor, dump tail gate, etc) so i’m going to keep the floor (only usable part) and use the rest as templates to scratch build the other parts…

Sorry to hear that, especially considering the amount you had to pay for the conversion. I acquired a set of their 5-ton truck wheels/tires to try and remedy the AFV Club M54 wheels, but the Real Model ones were… well, I think Chris83 covered it already…

Ok well I contacted RM to let him know about the issues and he responded literally in minutes!!! He’s sending me new parts so A+++ for response time and hopefully the new parts will be up to par…I’ve used some of his other sets and it’s sometimes a mixed bag but other’s are normally good so fingers crossed…just figured I should give credit where it’s due

I will Chris and thanks. Was yours the actual M929/30 conversion?

Id be really interested in that as Id like to build one - one day!

Can´t comment the quality of RM M939 conversions. I only build there Stryker conversions and was very pleased with them. My M929 dumper is from MR Modellbau.
Unfortunatly it is currently OOP:

Since when? Just got an order from them.

I meant out of production, not out of business, sorry. Matthias Roth is well alife and kicking.

HermannB any chance you could post some pics of the MR conversion? I’d love to see it to compare it to RM’s…

Chris83 Sorry to said that the model didn`t survive my last move to a new house some years ago. :frowning_face:

It looks like this kit may be actually out now. This seller at eBay is showing all the sprues as well. It looks pretty nice.

Thanks for that Gino, that seller at eBay’s got one less to sell now! Im hoping to build that Perfect Model tank and pump unit onto one of these.

I wonder if the HMMWV-type roof hatch is correct? doesn`t make sense to attach such a hatch to the truck?
The way the sprues are done reminds of the Hobby Boss MAN Trucks. And again no canvas cover. :confused: Bumpercodes are useless.

The HMMWV-style MG hatch on the 4-post ring is the most current design and is correct.

It is the similar to the type used on the USMC MTVR.

The 3-post M66 Ring Mount was more common on these trucks. Italeri’s M939s has this type, as does AFV Club’s M35 series and half of the mount is in their M54 kits as well. Hopefully they will offer another M54 version w/the full mount.

The soft top is included, but it looks as though it is molded as part of the cab shell. It will have to be cut away to model an open-topped cab truck.

Thanks Gino! I haven´t followed the M939 Series recently. I didn´t know that they are still in service. I am planning on doing a truck a saw during Troop Challenge FTX back in the early 2000`s.

They are not in service w/active US military units any longer. They were all traded in for FMTV 5-tons by the mid-2000s. Some may be still knocking around in National Guard or Reserve units, but I doubt that too.

When I was an FA Battery commander in 3ID, I had six M923/925A2s as prime movers for my Fire-Finder Radar sections and 3 more in the Maintenance section. We turned them all in in the summer of '02 for 5 ton FMTVs. When we deployed to Kuwait in Jan '03, we were not able to ship the FMTVs since the radars were loaded on C17s to get them there quickly. We drew A2s in Kuwait again. They worked for OIF 1, but were pretty much destroyed and worn out by the time we turned them in back in Kuwait once it was all over.

It’s been available at Hobby Easy for a couple weeks. HobbyEasy | M923A2

Do Merit/I love kit have an own homepage?

Here ya go, they’re one of our distributers at the store, the boss has known the owner since the stone age apparently.

Ilovekit-ilovekit.com

Thanks Chris!