New Tiger from Amusing Hobby | Armorama™

Amusing Hobby shares images of their upcoming release.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/new-tiger-from-amusing-hobby
4 Likes

I think it might actually be a Panzerbefehlswagen…Other than that, it looks nice.

1 Like

I have this kit with the interior started, and the engineering, fit, and detail are outstanding.

1 Like

Just what was needed, yet another Tiger, of all the vehicles, tanks out there, over all the years since WW1, yet another Tiger kit comes out, every magazine in the UK, all they ever show is Germans and Shermans, there are so many kits to review, an Alvis Stalwart and the Saxon, the army pig and other vehicles are wanted, more Landrover types like to forward cotrol, Pinz Gauer, no more Tigers, or Stugs.

1 Like

I’m sure if the manufacturers felt they would sell, they would make them. I think it’s just a matter of demand determining the supply.

4 Likes

Today, I was just about to post in the 2024 Wish List thread, we need a new 1/35 Tiger kit since it’s been a few months since we got one, as a joke.

Actually happy to see this release. A+++

It’s a fresh take on a Tiger that isn’t amongst the other ~30 Tiger kits in my stash, so I’ll buy one or two.

Well played Amusing Hobby :clap: with another…

…kit

@prosecutor010 Robert, hopefully someone will offer a 3D printed version of those vehicles and help show there’s market demand for them.

I’ve heard rumors that if one or a group has the cash in hand (~$100,000 or so) that Takom may be willing to work with serious folks to bring a new kit to market. I think Andy’s Hobby Headquarters did something along those lines with some of the 1/16 scale AHH kits.

Cheers :beers:

3 Likes

Italeris attempt didn’t have Zimmerit,
it did have horrible 2 piece stiff vinyl tracks.
The kit from Amusing Hobby must be an improvement …

3 Likes

Built the Italeri kit back in ~1994 within days after it arrived in the local hobby shop. It was a pretty lame kit for the 1990’s and terrible by today’s standards.

1 Like

This is slightly different-look at the drivers visor.

1 Like

I think its this kit with no interior- Tiger P (003), Amusing Hobby 35A051 (2022)

1 Like
  1. The kit from Amusing Hobby also has add-on armor on the “vertical” front plate.
  2. I would not place too much confidence in the accuracy of the Italeri kit
2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

I have the Dragon kit in my stash. I’ll get to it someday lol.
Only a very few of these were ever made right?

2 Likes

I personally would love to see more British, French vehicles etc, myself.

2 Likes
1 Like

The Italeri kit more matches the prototype before it was ‘rebuilt’ to the service version depicted by the Amusing Hobby release.

@metalhead85 only one served and that as a command tank with schwere panzerjäger abteilung 653 together with the BergPanther mit Pz.IV turret.

tiger1
tiger2

4 Likes

Yes that’s what I thought but wasn’t sure. I have book on the 653rd but haven’t looked at it in years.

1 Like

I have this on pre-order from Hobby Search. I ordered this as soon as it was announced. I have the Dragon Tiger I (P) kit plus Aber zimmerit. I’ve been waiting on a kit with molded on zimmerit. I’m very interested in this kit.
Fellas, if you don’t like a new kit announcement, just go to something you’re interested in. No offense, but I’m tired of people complaining about this or that release and what they want. If people are reading this article, they are probably interested THIS release and not what you want or need.

5 Likes

Ferdinand Porsche made about 80 or so hulls for the Tiger (P) because he was so confident he would win the Tiger contract. When Porsche lost the bid, the remaining hulls were turned into the Ferdinand Tank destroyer, as the steel was too valuable to waste. The Tiger P is a neat looking vehicle

2 Likes

That’s an urban myth… 100 chasis were built on a contract awarded to Krupp by Wa J Rue (WuG6), later on evaluation the production of the Tiger (p) was cancelled and built the Ferdinand instead. Source Jentz, Thomas L. (1999) Panzerkampfwagen VI P (Sonderkraftfahrzeug 181) – The
History of the Porsche Type 100 and 101 also known as the Leopard and Tiger (P).Darlington Productions

As Luciano said, Italeri kit is a different variant, which even comes with the initial turret

Jeff (Bodeen) comment is absolutey pertinent, 100% agree.

5 Likes