NEWS: Border 1/35 Merkava 2D w/full interior

Border Models has announced a very timely release of the IDF Merkava 2D with full interior. It looks pretty nice and should be available soon.

CAD images.

Test build.

16 Likes

I already have the Academy one, Two of the Takom kit (one unbuilt) and I’m SOOO getting this one!!!

4 Likes

Wow looks awesome

1 Like

I am an interior nut. I know you can’t see them, but I just love them. Definitely getting this one!

4 Likes

From what I have gleaned, on Merkavas, the areas I have circled below are storage areas, with ammo canisters in the model pic and below. I have also heard that area can be used as a makeshift/emergency APC for up to 4 (some books say 6) troopers. If this is true, are there ever seats installed here, maybe a fold-down type along the walls?

The area looks pretty cramped.

3 Likes

Inspiration-

2 Likes

That’s outstanding that somebody actually built one before they released the kit. We need more of that!

4 Likes

I was literally looking at the Takom kit yesterday, it’s out of stock in most places. I think I’ll wait on this one. :grinning:

2 Likes

Any idea on how the Takom kit’s quality?
One is for sale on Amazon.

1 Like

Is the non-slip on there? I can’t get a pic big enough on my phone to see.

1 Like

It doesn’t appear to be.

2 Likes

Likewise

2 Likes

Very good!

2 Likes

I think that these are fireproof shell containers.

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

A true infantryman doesn’t need seats.

8 Likes

I would know, if is possible to assembly turret without armour modules to show open engine bay. Because to take out engine cover a real tank must turn turret on 90 degrees and armour modules that are over engine deck must be removed.

1 Like

Judging by the photos, it appears the armor modules are separate, so I think you’re good to go.

1 Like

just soft dirt! (dry dirt!)
gary

2 Likes

It’s taken twenty seven years to see another Merkava with a full interior. Not a bad record, I guess.

I can see buying a few of these and adding interiors to other kits.

2 Likes