Old D & D figures - new paint

After Darius @Darius359au showed his figures and them being D & D…I thought I would dig mine out after + 30 to 35 years since I painted them and see how they faired…
They average out at about 35 to 40mm… Soft white metal…

Going to try and strip away most of the paint and redo as best as possible as a little back ground project …

4 Likes

Were these painted with enamels? I’ve had good success soaking models or figures overnight in “Purple Power”. It 's a degreasing liquid sold at AutoZone stores in the US, but is probably available under different names elsewhere. I was able to remove all traces of an unsuccessful attempt at lozenge camo in Pactra enamels from a plastic plane kit, without damage after 40+ years. Should work on metal as well.

1 Like

Those are some classics. TSR? Ral Partha?

3 Likes

I can’t remember where I’ve posted this before, but if you like looking at lead antiquities this might be for you:

Cheers,

M

3 Likes

Excellent link to memory lane

I’ve recently found a box of my old D&D figures. I’ll post pictures here

3 Likes

Can’t remember where I got them… I know it was a local model shop … All my interest sparked when I read TLoTR over a weekend when I was in 6th form and things like the Dragonlance Chronicles… Classic books

3 Likes

I see a few Ral Partha and several of what appear to be Grenadier. Don’t see any TSR figs but those came along later after Minifigs lost the D&D license.

1 Like

Grenadier, yes, I remember those as well. I think those are some of what I got

Talking about Dragonlance, I just saw a YouTube clip about they may be making a Dragonlance series for TV !! It’s being considered by the guy who was in True Blood and played the werewolf… Joe somebody … Apparently he is massively into D and D and knows the original Dragonlance author’s … … That would be cool… And hopefully better than that shizzle animated film they made :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::sob:

2 Likes

I had time today to open that box of figures in the garage. Realizing that I have many more than I thought. This is the first set that are probably a mixture of figures from different sets that just ended up in this box. @Johnnych01, hope it’s cool to post in your thread. If not, let me know

more to post later in the week…

5 Likes

Please do…the more the merrier… Great to see all these old figures in the light again… :+1:

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll post more this week or by next weekend. Yes, each figure brings back very fond memories

3 Likes

This reminds me I have similar figures that my dad painted as a kid in the 70s. I should dig them up.

3 Likes

yeah and take pictures and post so we can see them

2 Likes

Grenadier 7501

4 Likes

Grenadier 2002

4 Likes

Halflings! I love it!

2 Likes

Yeah, Halflings. Remember those? Wow memories. So glad John started this thread

2 Likes

This guy is outside the lavatory door pounding on it :grin: