Operation "Epsom" details

Great recycling work J, perfect. Now then, someone’s gonna tell me they cut down fresh branches every day, but I’ve never see anyone turn some of the leaves yellow/brown to suggest they’ve been on the vehicle for several days or more…. :thinking:

Nice recycling there … And I agree with @Hohenstaufen in that it’s good to see some support vehicles once in a while. I have never seen one of those, and it looks a great detailed conversion and a very clever subtle toning down of the original cam scheme :+1:

I have considered that yes. I also know that they dropped branches all the time when moving ( as per video and still pic reference ) and so a lot of switch-out was done. So I am in a quandry here about this one. I agree the static vehicles in cover showed dry and browner foliage and that is also in the period pics. But maybe I will go with that on the static vehicle also planned for this scene ?
J

1 Like

Thank you Sir for the very generous comments!
J

I have gotten a bit behind on my posting. Here is my latest full dio. Finally finished after months of work.

And those of you that know me realize I like to finish a small project in between the big ones so as to keep myself motivated with having gotten a finished project on the books. Here is my latest stand alone fig.

These have bot already done extremely well under the highly critical eyes on FaceBook. Lotsa “likes”. Even more than the guys taking videos of their unbuilt model stashes.
J

6 Likes

Hmmm…this pointing fella reminds me of someone :laughing:!

2 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

I think he looks quite realistic

5 Likes

1 Like

God bless 1/32 Airfix and Matchbox figures.

1 Like

I agree but these are in fact 1/72 Zvesda figgies!
J

1 Like

Are you sure ? I thought this was a real image from someones war diaries ? :grin:

1 Like

Yes, my mistake. Of course!
J

Just slathered some paint on this guy. One of the nicest Commonwealth figs I have seen out of the box. I did use a Hornet head and different helmet though. The e-tool bag is particularly well done. I also added a Tamiya small pack and Dragon canteen.
J

14 Likes

Nice new addition. And very well done. I like the pose of him changing a mag during a respite before he goes into the fray again.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy. Well sculpted figure for sure.
J

That is a rather interesting pose- not many seen interacting with their personal kit in this fashion. Something we could do with more of. Excellent painting too with nice, muted tones for the drab and fairly dark British uniform colors.

I remember becoming a member of this site and reading the first few pages of this blog… have been hiding in the corner, reading along, keeping stumm eversince… don’t have enough words to comment propperly on you quality…

Thanks as always Karl for your well written and thoughtful comments,
J

1 Like

Thanks man, very nice thing to write Sir!
J