Operation "Epsom" details

Nothing like a clean desk Jerry! I just did this myself- it’s always nice to clear away the mess from a few completed builds and contemplate the new ones to come as you do!

1 Like

yessir!
J

1 Like

That’s by far the most shocking image you’ve ever posted :face_with_peeking_eye: So is that the end of Epsom or just a pause? :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I am still working on Normandy stuff. The last image was my response to posting on another page. When you work for weeks or even months on something and put your heart into it only to post it and have somebody posting a pic of their stash have 4 times more “likes” than you it can get frustrating to say the least. The guy took about 2 seconds to take that pic right ?
And yes, I build for my own enjoyment but sometimes that kinda crap really brings me down. It makes me seriously consider just packing it in. Build for myself and throw the stuff away, just as always, but don’t post pics online anymore. Any way, rant over. I am usually over with these spate before I finish typing them ! Heheheheh
J

2 Likes

You know, it isn’t always the numbers that count. Genuine interest is more important than a quick like.

2 Likes

That’s my point though buddy. There was 1600 people “genuinely interested” in a 10 second video of some guys’ stash ? That’s right up there with cat videos and girls with huge breast implants.
heheheheheh
But thanks for the words of encouragement man,
J

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that such a comparison disheartens you. It’s an apples to apple seeds comparison. A large stash is just parts waiting to be put together- well, poorly, or mediocre. Who knows how that stash will turn out when built, if ever? On the other hand, your finished works are treasures to behold, showing what can be done with the materials. Yet so many of us don’t have that level of skill that you exhibit here. Please do keep up the inspirational work, especially the storytelling using your miniatures.

5 Likes

Drum roll, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! And next we have,…

Unless I know exactly what’s next on the list I’ll sit there at the bench and marvel at all those kits on the shelves, wasting time in total frustration because I want to do them all at once, HA!

Great job on the Churchill, btw.

2 Likes

Pretty much where things sit right now,
J

I rarely post these days but will always check up on this thread. I wish I had a fraction of your focus. For me, you are Armorama!

Thanks ol pal !
J

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t commented sooner, but outstanding work as always Jerry, a joy to behold, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

Thanks matey!
J

I wanted to show th concept of separating radio nodes in Normandy from the HQ areas to avoid heavy arty strikes due to radio direction finders. I had an old built up kit using my 251/11 telephone track conversion ready to go in the bin. I decided to pardon it and re-use it here. The transformation from the BoB to the Normandy area begins.

Evergreen foliage and 1$$ style logs on the sides are removed. The garish 3 tone I used years ago are re-done as well.

Since we are showing the “hunted” in Normandy foliage must be added and thickly. The process begins.

Thanks for looking !
J

18 Likes

Unusual subject finished to your usual high standard. I like to see this kind of 2nd echelon equipment rather than continual combat gear. Where did the conversion bits come from Jerry?

Thank you Sir! This conversion was made by myself and sold by Greymatterfigures for a while. It is still sometimes available on EBay but rare as hens’ teeth now. I have tried to contact them as to the status of the master patterns but never get an answer. They are of course out of business now for a while.
This vehicle was actually designed to deliver or retrieve wire commo even under small arms fire. So…maybe not a second echelon guy?
J

This is very interesting work, of recycling an older build.
I’m also partial to the supporting elements, be they armoured, like this vehicle, or soft skins.
As usual Jerry, your work and commentary, are beyond what us mortals can achieve

1 Like

You did not repaint the vehicle, but put a mist over it?
Anyhow, the result is stunning once more…

Thanks man. Not feeling too “immortal” today to be honest. How did I get so old all of a sudden ? Hahahaha
J

1 Like

I brushed thin coats of MissionModels acrylic paint on, that’s all man!
Thanks buddy!
J