Operation "Epsom" details

More layers added. Slow but sure.

10 Likes

Looks sweet Jerry. Very well detailed and beautiful finish.

Thank you sir! I have a few more layers to add then on to the figures.
J

Daily Dingo Download
Only need to add the antennae.

16 Likes

That is another great looking model, love it! That mud on the side, those oil cans on the back fender, really nice!

1 Like

Lovely little vehicle you’ve done there Jerry- great colors and weathering and the detailing both in and out is superb. Is this the ICM kit? How was the build?

Thanks for the kind remarks buddy! Miniart kit.
J

1 Like

Started the first fig. Query for the British guys. Pixie suit or BD more common ? Steel crewmans’ helmet or beret ? Inquiring minds wanna know,
Miniart guy right from the box so far.
J

I chose this noggin for the expression from Hornet. The position will be tweeked and of course the head gear.

7 Likes

Thank you sir! Glad you liked it,
J

I believe that for the recce guys the headgear was usually the beret, most pictures show that. As for the attire it is quite a dilemma. I tend to think the pixie suit, though

Thank you sir! I have since found that the pixie was not issued until fall of that year so for my Normandy scene here it is verboten. I will go with the denim overalls.
J

I went with the denim tank overalls obviously and changed the head for an excellent Hornet offering. Did a good amount of undercutting as well. The original Miniart along with the latest update are shown here.

6 Likes

Looks good … I like the way you build up the pocket under his hand to get rid of the gap … nice work around. I also like the expression of him looking really cheesed off lol

1 Like

Thanks for noticing all that. Yeah, Roger does great resin stuff for sure.
J

the days’ work here. Not much but th parts were all teeny.

10 Likes

A very small vehicle…

yessir !
J

Sheesh, still more to come, incredible!

Love the pose, very in vogue for a bored squaddie chatting on the net. The mic and headsets are very nicely done … whats the leg strap for ?

Thank you kind sir!
J