Operation "Epsom" details

Thanks buddy. Then I did my duty!
Thanks for the comments buddy,
J

Really excellent scene Jerry. Tells the story perfectly all by itself, and one that we don’t often (never) get to see, but is such an important part of combat command! I like the animation of the very well done figures, and the radios are outstanding!

Thanks buddy. Yep, shoot move communicate.
And then-resupply!
I appreciate the kind words and your taking the time to write a comment,
J

2 Likes

Really nice scene, dio’s in a dio… :+1: :+1:

Thank you Sir! Glad you liked it,
J

Great work :+1: Some of the best 1/35 Pea Dot camo painting I’ve seen.

Thank you sir! Very kind words for sure,
J

I was wondering if anyone here like Boots would know the vehicle markings for the 15 recce regt attached to the 15 InfDiv. ?? I tried to google but it was just not helping. I am good for the Div marking but need the brigade number,etc for either the 44 or 46 Bde.

J

SS 15th , JR ?

JR , 251 radio comms 251 variants for C and D versions .

• 251/3 I - FuG8 and FuG5 Radios
  • 251/3 II - FuG8 and FuG5 Radios
  • 251/3 III - FuG7 and FuG1 Radios
  • 251/3 IV - FuG11 and FuG12 Radios (with 9 m telescopic mast); Command vehicle variant (Kommandowagen)
  • 251/3 V - FuG11 Radio

You’ll more than likely wind up pulling your hair out searching these variants on the puter .
Try searching though by radio variant .
Best I can do right now , got some surf fishing to do , I’m late as it is , I’ll try searching more this afternoon .

1 Like

Sorry Jerry, only just caught up with this one; I’ve replied separately re the recce Regt.

44 Bde would be white “81” on a red square; 46 Bde “87” on a green square, and just for the record, the 3rd Bde (227th) would be a “94” on a brown square

There ya go .

Nope, the 15 (scottish ) Div.
J

Yep,thanks, I got all my intel from Erich Reist, who actually owns and has restored these radios with his Pop over the years,
J

Thanks man but at your suggestion I am now going with the 11th Armoured. They actually fielded this little car.
J

Roger that Jerry - I’m sure it’ll turn out fine.

1 Like

Another fabulous expression of an inspired vision. Here’s some B and W for you

12 Likes

Excellent kind sir! I always enjoy the B&W treatment,
J

Made the change to 11th Arm and added a few layers of detail such as beginning to form the canvas bits,etc.

13 Likes