Operation "Epsom" details

Looking like there’s more to look out for. Good job Jerry

Apologies for missing this Jerry. But another great offering mate. Everyone who knows has got to the troopers point and just has to stop … just for a second … and there is always someone there so help him that last few metres … lovely detailing on both. Facial tones, Cam and the shadow / depth areas on the webbing are perfect.
How did you do the piping on the Officers crush cap ? an ultra thin brush, a custom cut down thinned out brush ? I tried it on a recent Tiger Comd’s cap and it looked ok, but a million miles from the neat uniform finish you have on yours here ?
Also, love the stretched neck muscle tones on the officer as he looks round to his buddy.

1 Like

He’s back!! Still following with interest. Also, whatever happened to the brit para you started years ago? And did you hint at at a dio of the 82nd crossing at Nijmegen. I guess you’ve enough to keep you busy at the moment :).

Thank you sir,
J

Yep. Working on a dio to show the advance on hill112.
J

Thanks man. I do the stripes in layers. I paint the off white band first,then fill in under it with whatever color is needed. Then I fill in on the upper edge. No need to paint a thing stripe !
J

1 Like

Thanks man,happy to be back, although, I never really left! The Market Garden theme kinda fell by the wayside because I got sucked into the whole Operation Epsom theme and had to build a sh–t load of stuff for the 6 articles in AFVModeler.
J
J

1 Like

You keep amazing me with your figures…

Thanks as always buddy,
J

Last application of putty before paint. After paint I will add helmet scrim, bayonet and sling so my ham fisted shaky fingers won’t bust all that off.

12 Likes

Began work on the number 2 Bren gunner. All Tamiya figure ( re-posed ) with Rado head and Miniart/Tamiya pouches, rifle, bayonet scabbard and canteen. Dragon e-tool. First application of putty shows the start of a Bren spare barrel case and small pack. The straps, etc will be added later along with net, scrim, rifle sling, bayonet, etc.

15 Likes

Just awesome Jerry. I just love your figures work. Keepingvan eye on your thread here

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks man,
J

Great looking pose and equipment- just wondering is he re-positioning the bren spare case or is he adjusting his webbing straps?

Your putty sculpting is outstanding Jerry. Wish I could do that.

3 Likes

When I put the strap on the case it will be more clear hopefully,otherwise I have failed,
J

1 Like

Thanks buddy. Glad you liked it. Just dive in and practice. Everyone has to begin somewhere,
J

1 Like

I always wanted to have a go at replicating the .303 bandolier like in this pic. Not perfect but fairly close.

11 Likes

Got more done on the Bren number two gunner. Almost ready for paint.

13 Likes

Now the pose really comes together with the strap in place- you can easily see what he’s doing. Great strapwork on the rear too- all hanging nicely.

1 Like