Operation "Epsom" details

I know right ??? Who’d a thunk it,
J

Ok, I’m late for supper, great fig. More???

OK Polish dude.
Here is progress on the platoon comms guy. Slapped some paint on last night.

13 Likes

Right there, that’s when you just injected that figure with Life - magic :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thanks Tim,
Very nice thing to write.
J

@JRutman

How much (if any) work did you do re-sculpting the MB head on that figgy? That’s a lot of expression and emotion in an injection molded figure’s face.

I slightly undercut the chinstrap on both the leading and trailing edges. I very carefully sharpened the mouth edges at the bottom of the upper lip and top of the lower lip. Other than that, super nice noggin right out of the box.
J

2 Likes

Looking good as ever.

Awesome job on this one Jerry, keep those Brits coming. Best regards…Dale

Thank you Sir!
J

Thanks Dale,
I have a lot more on the way as well as their foes,
J

1 Like

Is the radio mounted on his front belt? I thought radios of that era would be larger.
D

Mounted on a strap that attached to the webbing that cradled the set. It was meant to be worn in front and the antennae mount tilts to the right in this pic, to allow the aerial to be on the side of the face. This was the British radio very roughly equivalent to the walkie talkie. Known as the Number 38 radio set. Used for short range work. The battery and the junction box were carried in a pouch slung over the shoulder. I actually made this radio a bit too tall. It should be about 1/3 shorter!

1 Like

Thanks Jerry-just like a walkie talkie.

1 Like

Spot on Jerry, love it, simply love it.

Brian

Bit of US WWII trivia:

The SCR-356 handheld US radio that everyone calls a “walkie-talkie” was actually called a “handie-talkie” in WWII.

The US WWII “walkie-talkie” was the backpack carried SCR-300.

Inquiring minds want to know…

2 Likes

Thanks Brian,
I did manage to get the dimensions of the radio incorrect though. I didn’t notice the error until I put the webbing on and it didn’t match my ref pic. I was too lazy to go back and start over though! LoL
That has always been a weakness of mine. I really don’t like to go back and re-make things.
Maybe when I grow up I can change that bad trait ?
J

I vaguely remember something about that.
But it’s one of the military legends that will never go away right ? Like snow on the ground in every part of the BoB or WSS wearing winter combat revisable suits in the BoB.
J

1 Like

Fear and loathing in Normandy

10 Likes

Hi Jerry,

Love these latest two figures, especially the radio operator, he really looks as if he’s relaying some urgent message, brilliant, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G