Operation "Epsom" details

we were getting kinda dry here and really needed it.
J

Oh, come on guys. Iā€™m in Arizonaā€¦

1 Like

Really impressive building frontages Jerry, the muted colour palette really helps bring it to life, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Thanks mate! Kind words,
J

Not today Montgomery! Not today.

10 Likes

No chance, they backed a winner. The favourite in fact, Mr Rutman. Long term lurker here, came out of the shadows to say your work is very inspirational and it has helped me not only in my own work but also to take the plunge to write on this site after many years. I appreciate all the hard work and also your craftsmanship of the highest order. You are a Tour de Force in Diorama building World and I say thank you. Please keep soldiering on!

Iā€™ll second that, what a fantastic image! But you know me J, is there a chinstrap in our future? :crazy_face: And welcome Mark, great to see someone from the League of Lurkers (aka the Cyber Un-dead) emerge into the light :+1: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

How did you do the empty cases? I cant see how theyre attached.

Yes @Callmehobbes I wouldnā€™t mind being let in on this secret too :grinning:!

This is quite a dynamic new figure- a unique pose but so well observed in the details like how the hands and feet are positioned. I think the grimly determined look suits the pose well too.

Well first off Mark welcome to the world of living posters! I appreciate that you picked me to use as a reason to break radio silence!
Your words are very very generous and quite kind. Nice to read on this morning of Independence Day for sure!
Hope you stick around and also post pics of your builds.
J

Thanks Tim, yes there is a chin strap on his helmet brim. Hard to see from that angle.
J

1 Like

There is a LiveResin part of ammo still loaded and going into the gun, then a home made empty ammo belt coming out the other side, because the German belts did not disintegrate like the modern ones but were re-loadable and then the empty casings coming out the bottom of the receiver. They are bits of cut wire glued onto a piece of sprue painted black.
Thanks for the support buddy!
J

2 Likes

Thanks Karl,see the above comments and all is revealed man.
J

I took another happy snap with more lighting because some folks said they couldnā€™t see the MG42 detail.
So here is an odorless, colorless shot.

10 Likes

Looks great JR , rockin and rollin ā€¦

1 Like

Undā€¦ruckwerts auch.

4 Likes

Looks great!

rockin and rollin ā€¦

Sorry couldnā€™t help myself. :rofl:
2021_07_05_13v_Kleki

(wonder how many people get thisā€¦)

1 Like

https://youtu.be/q8qbfMXaego

1 Like

Thanks for your welcome, Jerry. Maintaining radio silence is easy for us lurkers as I am sure most feel we can not contribute to the conversation in a helpful way or of our inexperience in the art of Diorama building that you inherent in.

1 Like

Paul re empty cases there is another way although realistically only good for photographic purposesā€¦

The shell cases were glued to strips of super-clear acrylic (aka acetate aka transparency sheet) with dots of white glue- the trickā€™s obviously to avoid the clear strips reflecting and also keeping the edges of the strips out of viewā€¦or (blush) photo-shopping them out. Understandably Jerry didnā€™t have those options as I believe he prefers ā€œrealā€ i.e. displayable scenes & figures ā€“ by that I mean he can present his dioramas at Shows, whereas I never could.

Just an afterthought Jerry ā€“ as an alternative could your shells be glued to one or more strands of fishing line? Almost invisible maybe? :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes