Operation "Epsom" details

I don’t think there’s any chance of you wearing out your welcome Jerry, you just have to read all the positive comments and continued support from the folk above, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

1 Like

Thanks man. I always wonder if my continued posting of re-purposing the figs is getting a bit redundant.
J

1 Like

Not from my perspective it isn’t Jerry, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Jerry, for God’s sake man. Keep 'em coming. As I’ve often said, your stuff is inspirational. Jeez, if even I’m tempted to wrestle with Milliput, lead foil and the like then you’re truly The Messiah - of modelling that is in case some fanatic takes offence(!)

All the tips, from under-cutting pocket flaps, modifying hands so that they actually grip? The affixing of Hornet Heads so that they actually embed? C’mon. Catch a grip - in the nicest possible way of course.

I won’t mention the painting skills - oops - I just have.

1 Like

well alrighty then!
Thanks mate!
J

1 Like

OK thanks. Good to know then. I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed building Fergus and Teenyman. I think I am finally zeroing in on all the fairly standard colors for one thing. And getting rid of the stiff poses and perfect looking kit for the other.
J

1 Like

As @BootsDMS has already said- keep posting this kind of stuff. It is not only inspirational but instructive- I believe my own work on figures and my confidence in doing them has been helped a great deal by your work and insights. I’m sure I’m not the only one either.
I often find myself thinking ‘How would Jerry Rutman do this?’ when I have to alter or sculpt something in a fig! That’s what is so important about seeing the process you go through.

1 Like

OK then. Thanks for the ultra kind words buddy!
I will keep soldiering on then,
J

2 Likes

As promised. Soldiering on during a very toasty day. Way too warn to go outside.
Added some details on this MG guy. See if you can spot them.
J

Still have clean up to do when this new putty dries,
J

8 Likes

Great to see you still plugging away at it Jerry, I only have one question, will we see some Canadians in the future lol. Maybe Putot, Brettville or Le Mesnil Pattry. Best regards…Dale

Cannucks in the future yes. Either in Putot as a stand alone dio or later on during “Goodwood”. I already did the opening of the battle for the city of Falaise years ago,
J

The final building done for my humble village “downtown”.
Now onto the base and connecting details like front steps,etc.

8 Likes

Just got hold of AFV modeller… The article certainly does your work proud!!!

13 Likes

What a fantastic way to present these models, just brilliant.

The article looks great. It is like a modern version of the old cover stories from the Victor comic. Well done.

Thanks buddy!
Yeah they really did a great job on the whole thing. It was like they took my vision for it right from my head! Outstanding editing.
I hope it does well for them because they took a chance on me.
J

2 Likes

Thanks buddy,glad you liked it!
J

Thank you Sir! Happy you liked it!
J

Another day spent in the basement due to rain.
I got the paint roller and pan out and blocked in some colors. This also helps me find bits that still need fixing up.

4 Likes

Jerry, send that rain to MN please!

1 Like