Operation "Epsom" details

Looking good, ese, real good!

Thanks Ski!
J

Hi Jerry,

Yet another dynamic pose, and I love the little detail of the fuse/striker (or whatever it’s called, :thinking:) dangling from the base of the potato masher…not a detail I can ever recall seeing before…brilliant, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

1 Like

Thanks G !
It turns out you haven’t seen that cool lanyard detail before because it isn’t accurate! I have been informed the lanyard came loose after you pulled it so you threw the grenade without it attached!
Heheheheh looks cool though. Darn it,
J

2 Likes

Excellent details.

wow! that some good detail. I can’t wait for the finished model.

Thank you Sir!

1 Like

Thanks man! It may be a while. Pretty large project.

yup, that it is!

1 Like

If he throws the Stielgranate like that, he certainly must be nervous. And isn’t the ball a bit large, compared to the grenade?

I remember Hansel very well ,great pose … ready to throw it far .
On a side note :
Got this old metal box for the friction igniter for the stielgranate.
(You might want to reproduce one :upside_down_face:)
This was in it when i got it .

3 Likes

Beautiful fig JR , ya know you could put the lanyard and ceramic knob in the other hand ?

1 Like

Another thought Bro , you could also go whole hog and add the grenade pouches harness ? Just a thought .

grenadepouch

5 Likes

I already noted this above.

Cool collection. Is it all authentic ?
Infantry Assault Badge, EKII, Wound badge, “Frozen Meat Award”. I am not familiar with what the eichenlaub is for or the small wings though.
J

This guy will go in a defensive running battle and I do not think the assault bags of grenades would work here. I have made those for other scenes however.
J

Hi Jerry,

It might be that the lanyard should fall away but a little artistic license doesn’t hurt, :slightly_smiling_face:. For my money it makes your figure look even more dynamic than usual, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:.

G

2 Likes

Put the lanyard in his other hand as if being flung or dropped away… That way you can make the cord portion even longer.

Brilliant, and it may not technically be correct to have the pull cord there … but hey, who cares, and no one can prove one didn’t accidentally stay attached somehow. And it adds to more great realism, which this great hobby is all about. and your manipulation of figures & the final look is very nearly on the witchcraft level !!!

1 Like

I am beginning to be convinced of that approach thanks buddy for the positive outlook here.