Operation "Epsom" details

I hope you do another like it Jerry!

I would love to do a whole book. There are no other ways for me to do a series like this one.

Hey Jerry tremendous combat scene, I think we’ve noted before that when figures are out-of-focus that’s usually a very Good Thing because it suggests movement & yours is a classic example, brilliant. But regarding the focusing problem with the tanks, one solution would be playing around with different lenses but I believe like me you prefer to keep things (& photography) simple with a single-lens device. I’m not sure what you’re using but if you’re uploading to your computer, it’s presumably via a software program that ought to allow cropping of images. Please forgive the photo-bomb but to illustrate…

The first image was itself cropped down from a much wider view because I stood a couple of yards away, which allowed a greater depth of focused area. The second image is a further crop-down - the risk of course is that some definition is lost but I think that can contribute to an authentic-looking war-time photo. Anyhow the point is those Ferdies in the background were 2 or 3 feet back from the left-hand Borgward, yes they are just off-focus but I like to think by around the right amount. Maybe hopefully you can pull off the same trick? :tumbler_glass: (In fact the nearmost Borgward ain’t in focus either (!), the Mk III is, but standing off from the scene allows better overall focus)

1 Like

Cool pics man and very welcome advice on photoshop, etc. Thanks for taking the time to write it all out. Of course, the main assumption here is that I know how to use anything on my computer other than typing and posting pics! LoL. And it took me quite a while to even earn those basic functions.
As I have now advanced into the antique stage of life I can say it’s safe to assume I may never get around to trying to learn all this. But I do appreciate your confidence in my abilities to do so!
Thanks buddy. Great bunch on here still,
J

1 Like

For Honestaufen,

9 Likes

Brilliant! Bang on and no turret codes which also is right as far as I can tell. Of course supporting an infantry attack was the original purpose of the Stug… If I was the only one who noticed does that me number one pedant or rivet counter?

1 Like

Maybe so. But this forum isn’t as riddled with that type as much as the tank builders one, LoL
J

Just getting caught up here, Jerry.

That is toooooooo funnnnnny!!!, and sorry to hear about your dog, they are always our best friends. Heard it said long ago, “God, let me be the man my dog thinks I am!” That is powerful.

Well, you certainly put that into vivid context for us, Buddy! This has been a thread for the books, literally, and your full immersion into the subject clearly explains the superb results in detail. Master Class, all the way, Jerry!

Well, that’s how it went down; as I say, I tell the story against myself really. 'Glad it made you chuckle!

1 Like

Hey thanks Ski!! Glad you enjoyed it all.
J

A little self deprecation is good for the soul,
J

1 Like

A few more I over looked before.

10 Likes

Private
Royal Winnipeg Rifles
Canadian 3rd Inf Div.
Normandy, June’44.

12 Likes

Took a quick break from yard work and popped this out. Thanks for such a great show!

6 Likes

Wow man ! Nice work. I hafta say that is the best photoshopped B&W I have seen so far using my stuff.
Seriously impressive dude! Thanks again,
J

Thanks. Just played with contrast and a little blur effect. Fun. My pleasure to do in appreciation for your work

1 Like

it’s beyond me that’s for sure. Is there any way to get this image over to FB ? I dunno how. Never mind, I just flabbergasted meself and figured it out on me own ! Holy cow !
J

Well done Jerry - got that Battle Jerkin just right I reckon.

Thanks mate. The Canadian gauntlet was thrown so I finally got the time to address that challenge,
J

I try to learn something new every day. Got some catching up to do, though. Most days I wind up wishing I was half as smart as I think I am…

I was thinking back to the photo you had with G.I. walking up the road when I cut back and multiplied.