Painting tank tracks

Coming along nicely. I like the look of those tracks

1 Like

Last stage before pigments.

I used a Citadel Drybrush paint for the exposed metal areas- very easy and quick to use. I believe AMMO do a similar range. It looks way too shiny here and it’s not that noticeable on the real thing but several pigment coats will knock the sheen off considerably.

As well as using the Citadel paint I put a dark brown and a black acrylic wash in random places to add a bit of variety.

2 Likes

Pigments went on yesterday.

I used two colors- both complimented the enamel weathering product I used on the running gear. I guess one pigment I kind of use as a ‘base’ all over and the other, lighter shade, I used here and there where I saw fit.

As you can see the metallic sheen from the previous photos is dulled by the pigments.

Frankly this could easily be the last stage for these tracks but I plan to add a little acrylic texture paint to simulate debris in the treads and perhaps another pigment color in some areas but that will be done much later in the build when the tracks have been mounted and weathering on the rest of the model has begun.

1 Like