Panzer IV B/C

These two brothers looks almost the same,thus I decide to put them together.
A year before I wrote a note about models of Panzer iv ausf A. If you are interested in it, there might be some inspirations for you.

Here we go.

mmexport1704439541156_edit_4139265682247390
完美涂装 完美雪地涂装

There were really some well painted white schemes.

11 Likes

Mineroller

lower hull addtional armor

training vehicle

13 Likes

supply box on turret

side lower hull add-on armor and box

12 Likes

B and C

upper and lower hull addtional armor/ rocket launcher

12 Likes

skirt armor

11 Likes

L43 with two different types of track.

11 Likes

Brown and grey camouflage looks very interesting.
I found copper blackening potion is able to help the paint to stay more stubbornly

18 Likes

Very nice collection!

2 Likes

Nice collection with much variety.
:+1: :clap:

2 Likes

Nice!

Are they all Dragon kits as well?

2 Likes

These are outstanding!

Fantastic work, all are fine examples of the mark and you’ve done an amazing job, congratulations :clap::clap::clap::trophy:

Watto.

2 Likes

Thank you all for supporting🌹

1 Like

Most of them are Hobby Boss🤓. Firstly cheaper, secondly easier to build. Dragon PE parts is killing me. But magic tracks are friendly.
I build these throughout the past year, so there are few photos for more than one together.

especially this part🧐

6 Likes

The Hobby Boss Panzer IVs are the previous Tristar kits, if I am correct.
I am currently working on a Tristar Panzer IV C and, like you said, it goes together very well and I like the details the kits have.

3 Likes

Wow, thus HB does a good job to sustain the Tristar’s. HB Panzer IVs series seems fascinating,did Tristar have a tough fight against Dragon and failed? If so, I can’t believe why it lost, for the kit is fine together with extra lower hull addtional armor.

2 Likes

No idea about the fight between the companies, but I really like the Tristar kits and buy them when I find them.
I was truly amazed by the level of details coming OOB and the fun building them without many issues for kits over 10-15 years old… Even the given tracks are quit good and I am not sure if I will replace them for an AM set.
Still have a Panzer I A in stash from Tristar as well. They have a nice collection of Panzer I s. Just hope Hobby Boss will continue to produce them as they are.

3 Likes

I had a try to search over the online shopping after yesterday’ chat. Tristar products even include bended suspension for panzer IV, flying his own colours. But it’s a pity for me because there is no signal of resumption. (and the current Tristar original products are expensive >~< )

2 Likes

Sometimes I can still find them online for about 30-40 EURO. Compared with the cost of a Dragon kit, it is a good deal.
I am not sure if Hobby Boss changed anything in the kits. When I look at the box-art and the build instructions, it seems Hobby Boss copied them without changing a thing, at least for the Panzer iV ausf. C I have.

3 Likes

I’m very curious about the Hobby Boss kits. Given that TriStar is defunct and that HB took over the molds, is HB still producing them? I do have the “B” variant of the PzKpfw IB, but they seem to always be not available in the various online hobby shops.

Thanks!

Bill

1 Like

Hi Bill,

When I search for them in Scalemates I see several shops who still have them, so I guess they are still being produced.

Tristar is harder to find but you can still find them:

3 Likes