Panzers 1/100 corner

Just be careful the colour you are painting. Too big a contrast at this scale looks really fake. More of a thin wash than paint may be best.

1 Like

Yea your 100% right Peter, to combat that happening I bought The Noch Autumn leaf set.

And heres some 3D printed stowage added, painted and tied down. (Yes the box has a woodgrain :laughing:)

Hope to have this one finished by the end of the year!

4 Likes

Well its finally done. It isnt perfect but It looks cute on my shelf next to my 1/100 Pz.i.\

3 Likes

Maybe you could tweak your CAD program and make the barrel and muzzle brake a little thinner?
:grinning: :canada:

Thats a really good idea, but Im not sure my printer can handle it. I’ll try though.

Well remember the Stug I started this thread with? I finally made a small base for it, added some Schrzen and reworked the mud effects.

The mud and snow effects are all from AK.

Whatcha think?

6 Likes

Now do a Tiger in spring and a Panther in summer!

1 Like

WOW Ezra those StuG’s look excellent! Your detailing and paintwork are amazing!

1 Like

Thats pretty cool,smallest dio I ever saw.

2 Likes

Your Lilliput builds are excellent Ezra.

1 Like

Thanks guys!
Im really enjoying these small scale builds and have another 4+ planned before I start another 1/35 kit.

Im also making a new dio base for my Zvezda 1/100 Stug iii b to replace the one I did for the Op. Barbarossa campaign. (I just felt like the groundwork was really lacking.)

Does anyone have an idea on how to make tow cables in 1/100? Maybe just super thin wire and twist it like you would in 1/35?

1 Like

Stretched sprue. I don’t think you would see the twist in scale.

3 Likes

What Ryan said. … if you try and replicate the twist, I’m sure it will look out of scale Ezra.

1 Like

I agree, a twist or multiple strands will be out of scale. Try copper wire filament. I got some insulated wire from Radio Shack years ago, that is made from really fine copper strands. It is easy to separate into single strands and to bend to shape.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I will do that.
Im working on Jagdtiger 331 in 1/100 and I will need to add new tow cables.

Well today I finished a 1/100 Zvezda Pz.ii
I just added some slight texture, a scratchbuilt box on the rear and sandbags.

I havent decided on a color scheme yet.

Any color scheme ideas?

4 Likes

Grau, DAK …or something a little different?

1 Like

Go with DAK.

1 Like

The Yugo one that Peter posted is pretty cool. At some point (and you’re running out of early variants) you need to do brown over panzer grey as well.

2 Likes

I agree, Yugo is what I would pick.

1 Like

Honstly guys if I could do the Yugo one I would it looks pretty cool, my problem is the markings. I only have german ones in 1/100.

Two color DAK it is… sorry Don and Ryan. :rofl: