Panzers 1/100 corner

Seriously Ezra? In that scale it is a white dot with a black blob… and the number is a whisk of a brush!

:rofl:

Now I have had a closer look at your little one, it appears the Zvezda kit is supposed to be an Ausf B uparmoured at the front (as some were in 1940) or at a stretch a C, but with odd aspects for both. Given the lack of ring cupola and Troppen fittings, DAK option is out.

So with the up armour section, and the two turret hatches, etc, you are looking at Dunkel Grau, Dunkel Grau or Dunkel Grau…

3 Likes

That’s what I am thinking too.

2 Likes

But Peter… this Mig sponsered modeler painted his pz.ii in DAK so it has to be accurate :rofl:

Honestly I still might paint it in DAK.
Who dosent love a good what if.

3 Likes

In that case, do it in Ambush Camouflage from Berlin 1945… :grin:

Star decals give you a scheme in gray and brown as has been suggested. I won’t vouch for it’s accuracy, and it is for an early C but you could get away with that with your finer detail less Zvezda model:

2 Likes

Well guys Ive finished another real quick Zvezda 1/100 kit. Its the KV-1 (mod. 1941).

Im really happy with how it turned out.
I added cast texture, appliqué armor, shell impacts, drilled out the barrel and periscopes, removed some parts of the fenders and added a buncha other details out of sheet styrene and copper wire.

I also really roughly scribed lines into the tracks to improve them a TINY bit.

5 Likes

Dang Ezra can you turn out one a day?

You betcha Matt!
The 4BO is currently drying and I should have it done by Monday.
Next up is a JagdTiger with even more scrachbuilt additions… :sweat_smile:

This is the color scheme Im going for on the KV-1.
(Yea Ik its the wrong mod but whatever)

4 Likes

Ezra, really appreciating your diminutive destruction denziens. You are making magnificent models.

1 Like

Thanks Fred!

Well after a little break I finally finished my KV-1. I think this might be my best 1/100 builds yet. Yea I know its over weathered but I’d rather it be stylized then clean and toy like.

Im really proud of the paint work around the shell impact.

Next up is a Sherman with concrete armor.

What do yall think?

4 Likes

Ezra, you continue to blow my mind with these kits.

I can see what you’re talking about with the weathering, but I think you’re wrong.

I think the heavy weathering in the small scales like this really helps it to stand out and give it a better sense of scale, especially in pictures or on a shelf.

1 Like

I think the differing tonality give it a great sense of detail even at this small scale. Fantastic job Ezra.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Well my Sherman is chugging along. I built up the concrete armor with plastic sheet and Tamiya putty. I would say its about 50% done.

7 Likes

I think I have lost bits of kits larger than these! Very nice workmanship!