PATRIOT PAC-3 Launcher and AN/MPQ-53 Radar - PATRIOT PAC-3 Battery Vehicles Build #1 and #2

As some of you may remember, my youngest daughter is an ADA officer in the US Army. She is currently a 1LT and the XO of a PATRIOT PAC-3 Battery at Ft Hood, TX. She asked me to build a few models of the vehicles in her battery to display around her office. I will be building three different models: PATRIOT PAC-3 Launcher, AN/MPQ-53 Radar, and an M1085 ECS Truck. This thread will show how I am progressing on them.

First up is the PATRIOT PAC-3 Launcher. I built the Dragon kit a few years ago as a review on the old Armorama site. I took it off the shelf and remarked it with the bumper numbers from her battery; D BTRY, 1/62 ADA, 69 ADA BDE.

Next I built the Trumpeter AN/MPQ-53 PATRIOT Radar. This is a great kit. I built it straight out of the box.
IMG_2385
IMG_2382

IMG_2383
IMG_2384

I also added the proper bumper numbers on it as well.

20 Likes

All very cool! :star_struck:

—mike

2 Likes

Hi Gino,

Very interesting, I admire your skills as to convert excisting kits to a specific purpose. Also, I look forward to see, how you will handle the M983A4.

Regards

Thomas

2 Likes

All looking great so far … her office will look the part now !!

2 Likes

Now the CO and others will want one. :+1:

2 Likes

Wow Gino, an ambitious project but your work so far is outstanding. Your scratchbuilding has always been really excellent. Your daughter is a lucky girl but Ryan is right, you are going to become a slave to your own excellence when her higher - ups put in their “orders”!

5 Likes

Thank you gentlemen. It has been fun and rewarding so far. We’ll see how it goes with additional pieces.

2 Likes

Sweet builds! Every military office need some models of the real stuff!

1 Like

Thanks Erik. I fully agree.

2 Likes

Very nice Gino! Congratulations on your daughter following in your footsteps. Neither of mine went down that road and it appears that none of my grandsons will bite either. Oh well…

1 Like

Great looking PATRIOT equipment. Sure looks different from the PAC-2 stuff we had back in the 1990s.

Jim

1 Like

HeavyArty those look amazing I might be hitting you up for some advice on the patriot builds as they and, on my list, but I want to build them in transport attached to M983s.

1 Like

Impressive work to say the least…it’s great to see a mix of different colored plastics and white styrene.

I watched exactly one video of my son jumping out of a C-17 and instantly regretted encouraging him to join the military…ive since gotten used to the idea but it doesn’t mean i dont worry.

4 Likes

Thank you for all the compliments. I am enjoying this build.

Happy to help wherever I can.

1 Like

The Patriot and Radar look great.
Great start on the M1085 ECS.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like

I split these topics apart as they were starting to get mingled and confused. You can continue the builds here:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Andreas

1 Like

Great looking builds.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like