PayPal changes

Saw this today.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement and/or the PayPal Balance Terms and Conditions

Effective September 19, 2022

• U.S. business accounts will not be able to receive personal transactions from PayPal accounts outside the U.S. starting October 31, 2022.
  • U.S. PayPal accounts will not be able to send personal transactions to business accounts outside the U.S. starting October 31, 2022.

So sending money to business out of country, is this a new law or just a PayPal thing? If just a PayPal what other options are their that others have used?

I see the same for Dutch users.
Effective October 31, 2022:

• Business accounts cannot receive personal transactions. Business account holders wishing to receive personal transactions will need to make use of a personal account.

So it might still be possible but more complicated to use, that still stinks.

I really do wonder why they decided to throw up this hurdle…

A quick google search on this mentions changes but not an article on why the changes. Might need to wait a few days on those to get created.

The government wants it cut of the taxes… personal transaction or not… Simple Greed is the motive.

7 Likes

greed

I think of it like this: beer is $$$ and the huggers is da gubmer-ment…

Wonder if bitcoin and the crypto currencies will get a version :thinking: If not it may push folks towards them to avoid the issues.

1 Like

I think it means you won’t be able to use Friends & Family transactions to send money to companies; you’ll have to use the Goods & Services (or whatever it’s called) like the rules already say you are supposed to do.

In other words, because of people abusing the process, The Honor System is being replaced by fences and locks. Again.

KL

2 Likes

Yeah, probably not. More likely it’s just a business deciding that too many people are shoplifting and putting a turnstile on the door so they can’t run out unimpeded.

KL

1 Like

It’s all about taxes. The IRS is really going after payment apps here in the US because of it. I’d bet it’s a global phenomenon as the world shifts toward a gig economy.