Photographer Figures - from AK Interactive

OMG - something I said I would never do again: I bought another camera!
Met old friends and made some new ones plus learned a few things.

1 Like

WHY???

I have been a stills guy all these years and have only processed 16mm film for others but never for myself (in my youth) WHY???

Circa 1972 they were still shooting TV news footage on these exact same cameras when I interned in the arts department of Channel 32 TV in Louisville. (Black & White film at that.) We were just about to change over to color 16mm and I was just then learning the new process on the new machine.

3 Likes

Why? Because no-one could resist acquiring such a thing of beauty.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Well sadly I have now found that the Filmo camera has a broken drive spring so is probably not worth even the highly discounted price I paid at the Show of Shows. However I did also find that it is the very early Model 70 body (No Letter) which means it could be as old as 1927. Since I was not planning on trying to shoot anything with it anyway I think I am still a happy camper! The leather carry case certainly LOOKS like it could be from the 1930’s while the camera itself is in quite nice cosmetic condition.

p.s. The period tripod I already had for use with my stills cameras.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am as Surprised as Anyone . . .

I spoke at length about how unbalanced this figure is/was. Leaning too far forward.
Well I am as surprised now as anyone. I still say this guy is killing his back but he actually does balance upright on his own two plastic feet with no further assistance! (I will point out that the Musette Bag that I have added to his kit may just be helping some.)

Sorry for the rather horrible photography here.

JUST ARRIVED - Hot off the 3D Printer from Mikeybugs :
1/35th scale Combat Photographer’s Speed Graphic Cameras
Posed in three different positions Closed, Open and Open with rear viewing focusing hood extended.

1 Like