Post war AEC Militant Mk1 artillery tractor

# Hello all, I hope this build is a good fit in this category, it’s a post war AEC Militant Mk1 artillery tractor kit by an English company, Kit Form Services ( KFS ): AEC Militant Mk1 6x6 Gun Tractor - 1/24th Scale - KFS-246 (TQ202) – Kit Form Services Ltd

# It’s in 1/24th scale, I will be able to do a detailed and slightly weathered build. This kit is currently out of production, I was fortunate enough to find one for sale in Germany. It’s a multimedia kit, mostly cast resin parts along with cast white metal parts and brass laser cut sheets. Here are a few pictures to get started…

2 Likes

Passed my class 2 on one of those in the RCT, We had them with HIABs as well

2 Likes

Excellent ! maybe you can answer a question, what is the large round opening in the cab roof for ?

1 Like

Wow looks like a cool truck in a big scale

1 Like

Observer/machine gun position.
Ken

2 Likes

Access for the passenger to a gun ring when/if fitted.

2 Likes

I do like 1:24th, lots of opportunity for details ~ KFS also makes this one, S/B ready later this year ~

3 Likes

I think you are right but find No pictures of that…

1 Like

I think you are right but find No pictures of that, maybe get a Browning printed to mount there…

1 Like

Back in the day I remember the cargo versions of these, often driven by members of the then Women’s Royal Army Corps, (WRAC) some of who were built akin to the truck! Mind you, with no power steering and the requirement to be able to double-de-clutch, they’d have to be.

2 Likes

Just like the Tilly, required armstrong steering…

3 Likes

Colorized version taken the same day. She was a very beautiful woman.

2 Likes

Here are a few more pictures, the build instruction booklet is very good.
Most of the cast parts have been trimmed free of flashing and washed clean of any release agent that might complicate painting.

3 Likes

I used Mr. Surfacer 1000 to prime the resin and white metal parts, this primer works very well on the cast resin.

3 Likes

Here are some of the cast metal fittings in this kit, I have a magnetic polisher for metal parts, a drop of Dawn in the mix, add the tiny stainless metal pins and the polisher cleans the parts up, removes any oils or casting wax before priming.

1 Like

More progress on this rare kit, most of the frame asembly is done, lots of small parts painted and attached ~

3 Likes

An update on this KFS Militant model, the frame is mostly done, wheels test mounted, the spare tire assembly is about done ~

3 Likes

An update on this British kit, going together so well I will surely be buying from KFS again in the future.

4 Likes