Questions and Project updates about Mini Art T-55 Mod. 1963 37018

I’m looking for a T-55 Mod. 1963 INTERIOR KIT 37018 for my upcoming project. I think I found one and I’m very excited to get it. I will also be getting SOVIET TANK CREW 1960-70s 37037 by Mini Art. My first question is where’s is the exhaust to a T-55?

Anyways,
Thanks for looking,
Me

2 Likes

2 Likes

Some advice if you have never built a MiniArt T55. I haven’t built one of their interior kits so the assembly sequence may be different from what I am about to describe. The instructions would have you add the torsion bars and fittings before building the hull. As the hull pan is flimsy it is difficult to ensure proper alignment. You should build the lower hull first. This will make pan considerably more rigid helping to ensure a better fit and alignment of the running gear. I have built more than my share of MiniArt T55s and figured that the best way to go was what I just described after my first build. Overall they are fiddily builds with some small and fragile parts but in the end finish up nicely. Hope this is helpful.

6 Likes

Yes, they can be very fiddly but persevere and you’ll end up with a nice result.

1 Like

Okay next question

During the Cold War did the Soviets ever use White wash during the winter???

Cheers,
Me

I have not seen a Soviet T-55 in whitewash. I have seen East German, Finnish, Bosnian, Croatian and the Chinese version.

2 Likes

Not a Russian but a Polish T55. Perhaps the Russians might have used something similar.

4 Likes