Questions on 1/25th scale German Tiger 1 tank models

Hello everyone,
I would like to ask if any of you know of what company or companies produces the most accurate Tiger 1 model in 1/25th scale?
I’m looking for a model that has the most accurate detail available. I guess what I am looking for is a model that basically all you need to do is maybe a little bit of extra detail or even some extra photo etched parts to make it very authentic looking without really breaking the bank so to speak.
Thank you.

The only one I know of is the OLD Tamiya kit.
Ken

Panzer art do a set of tracks for the Tamiya kit.

1/25 is not a popular scale in the tank world.
I’ve heard of only a single Tiger in that scale, produced by Tamiya back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth (actually they still roam it).
It’s very bad as regards accuracy. Just about every part of it is out of proportion. In a police lineup it would be picked as the guilty one every time. “Officer… that one just LOOKS wrong”

Tamiya’s marketing, on the other hand, is hilarious.

David

2 Likes

The box art you show is clearly 1/35 though?

Yes, you’re right. It’s from that era but it’s their other Tiger.

Here’s the 1/25 kit.

0yhx5wdv

David

1 Like

Wow 14 bucks, how old is that advertisement ?

I would guess the next page had an ad for the Beatles’ new single…

On the plus side, that kit is the most accurate one in 1/25 scale! :laughing:
Ken

3 Likes

I just came across this question, yes three months later. There are a number of extra’s for the 1/25 Tiger. However, the biggest obstacle is the kit itself. For all its "wow’ and pazazz, it is a steaming pile. Research what my old friend Shep Paine did to make it accurate, there is a lot of work to do, to include repositioning the turret. After that the suspension and interior all need lots of help.
Best of luck with this old warhorse

Is only one place in the world, where You can buy all to upgrade this old kit :wink:
The list of available accessories You can find here
Good luck and welcome to the hell if You decide to upgrade this lovely kitty.
Smile_blinky

Wow, that is some nice parts!
Ken

How accurate is the 1/25th scale kit mantlet compared to the after market Tiger I type A early version?
Thank you

it is not accurate, definitely go with aftermarket