Reloading and Shooting

Now that you mention the HK416; I actually put together a replica HK416D lower using a lower sold by Brownell’s. They claimed that they used castings from HK that were machined and finished in the US. I put mine together with as much HK parts as I could find with standard AR parts completing the assembly. Came out really good and my intention was to ad a genuine HK416D 10.4" upper to get myself as close to an SF-issued rifle.

Already built an SOPMOD Block II M4A1, a Mk-18 Mod 0 CQBR, an A4 “musket”, an XM16E1 and an XM-177E2. SOmeday, I’ll be able to complete this one…

Someday.

1 Like

I was getting Larue mixed up with LWRC.

I saw a couple on GBroker around $4500 awhile back. Three shoulder surgeries, and 25 rounds in my shoulders gone from shooting.

My whole team ordered 416 shorty uppers, that we were all going to pay for on our own dime. Then Battalion caught wind of it and said we could take them to Iraq all we wanted but we could not take them back home. H&K was kind enough to let us all cancel our orders. But then as luck would have it I fell in on one in Iraq for a time.

Actually we fell in on several. The other guy is “Pops,” a retired Jarhead who helped stand up SWAT in Tal Afar.

2 Likes

Did you ever pick up soilder of fortune magazines back in 70s and 80s?

2 Likes

the ones on GB were Gov stamped also. now thinking of it, I think they might have been $20,000.

I have one copy. It was taken of my class at SFQC. I am not in it, but some of my friends are.

lol, $9500 on GB right now. :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

I can assure I would not then nor would I now agree to pay that much for one. I think we got a package deal for about $2500 apiece.

I had other options for NAV (non attributable vehicle) use anyway.

3 Likes

buy now $19,999. Non gov stamp :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

Yeah; hard pass. Last time I spent big bucks on a rifle; it was my 1984 manufactured KMC SR25 Match rifle. Yes; KMC (Knight’s Manufacturing Corp. - before they became KAC) and it was nowhere near THAT price. :exploding_head:

I’ll keep on harvesting for parts.

I came really close to a MK18 last Nov. but again my shoulder just cant take it. Heck I gave up photoshooting also because camera with lenses even jacked my shoulder up.

5.45 Krinks worked nicely. Or have the shop cut down an AK to suit. Plenty of them all over the place, so getting your hands on one wasn’t too hard.

Funny. Just yesterday I posted about spending a lot of time at Camp Williams, Utah. I mentioned some weapons courses I took, The M110 was one of them. I was on two day orders.
The instructors came in promptly at 0900 the first day. One of them said, “Yeah, it’s your basic Stoner design, just bogger.” He looked out the window at the snow and said, "Well, the powder is supposed to be great today. If no one has any questions, I guess that’s about it. And I still got paid for the two days. Such was the life of a Guard Whore.

1 Like

I still have one issue. At least one advert in it recruiting for the Rhodesian army.

1 Like

It was an interesting read to say the least. It did have a bit of influence on me for sure to understand south Central America back then. I also used to read every issue of Air Force magazine each month. 10 years old and this was what I was reading every morning while eating breakfast getting ready for school. But also GI combat and SGT Rock.

My parents both leaving by 7am for work, left me to get to school and home each day from 2nd grade on. I watched ABC news everyday during the Iran Embassy hostages and was doing it way before that even happened. watched all 444 days at 11 years old. This was the crap that I was focused on. In high school I rode my bike home everyday at lunch in 9th grade to watch CNN while I ate lunch at home then peddled my ass back to class. While everyone else was in the cafeteria or with older classes because we had open campus.

1 Like

I still have a plastic bin in the crawl space with my Sgt Rock, GI. Combat and Classics Illustrated comics. I will admit the last of those three enabled me to fake my way through many a book report.

1 Like

God bless Texas!

4 Likes

Miniguns and hoochie shorts. What’s not to like?

6 Likes

A lot of firsts here for my wife. Other than taking a few shots with my Sig just to show me she can, this is first time actually shooting a red dot. First time shooting a 1911 style trigger. First time shooting past 10 meters. She hit everything out to 25 meters, just missed a plate on the tree. Oh, and first time shooting in front of people other than me.

6 Likes